Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Searches redirected to random sites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ike0069

ike0069

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

Windows XP SP3
Avira Antivir Personal - Anti-Virus

Searches in Google, Bing, and Yahoo are redirected to random sites using IE8 and Firefox. Typically running the same search again will allow some of the links to work, but not always.
Anti-spyware will not run unless .exe file is changed. I ran Malwarebytes (after changing to .bat) and it found some infections. Rebooted as instructed, but redirects remain. I see this is not an uncommon problem and I have already downloaded several of the suggested tools, but I do not want to run them without guidance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ike0069

ike0069
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

Seems like this is fairly common and I read thru several of the posts for thsi issue. I then ran the "TDSSKiller.exe" program and it appear to have worked. Not getting in redirect currently, but will give it a few days before I feel comfortable.

The funny this is, MBAM, SpybotSD, and SuperAS would not run without changing the name but still could not find any problems. TDSSKiller.exe ran as is and did fix the problem or at least found something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users