Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Seems to hang on cirten websites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 killernat

killernat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

ive had my win 7 64-bit laptop (toshiba satellite C650D) for about 4 months it dual boots with ubuntu 10.10
note: i accidentally deleted my recovery partition to make room for my ubuntu install but i have a win 7 upgrade disk that ive used to save my system before

any way ive been having a lot of problems with fire fox and 1 website http://www.beefgir.com (more often than not its the first website i go to when i boot up)that i have been apart of for 2 years and it works fine on my other systems (win xp)and my ubuntu partitions what happens is the whole system hangs and is very sluggish for about 20 minutes after

i just checked my system log and around the time i boot i get this error "event 11,atpi The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0."

what i have tried
1 disabling my fire wall/widows fire wall (i forgot to do this when i put in my 3rd party one) |this worked for a while
2 runing virus scan with comodo internet security | completely clean
3 reinstalling firefox
4 removing unnecessary software from my start-up list
5 restarting the dwm.exe service

i don't believe its an infection but it is always a possibility

im still a bit new to win 7 despite being an expert on xp (i have fixed many problems on friends xp box's and had a few clients over the summer to get some extra cash)

any help is greatly appreciated let me know if i need to run a hijack this

Edited by killernat, 02 November 2010 - 03:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killernat

killernat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

not sure why i didnt think of this before (probably because i didn't look through my logs) but im running chkdsk and its already picked up a lot of stuff mostly security errors

#3 killernat

killernat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

ok this thread can be closed i solved the issues on my own turns out there was a corrupt sector in the firefox directory as well as some security errors that chkdsk fixed and my system is running smoothly again :huh: and my logs are clear of warnings just the occasional service starting and stopping

Edited by killernat, 03 November 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:49 AM

Glad to hear you got things fixed. :huh:

Running a chkdsk is always a good idea. :huh:

Happy Computing!
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer