Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Revert Windows Live Mail 2011 back to 2010

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 coffeegirl18

coffeegirl18

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

I accidentally clicked to update my mom's laptop. I need to know how to revert Windows Live Mail 2011 back to Windows Live Mail 2010. She isn't that good on the computer and cannot lose any of her emails/addresses as most are business related.

I need to know ASAP how to fix this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

I don't think you can revert.

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

You can try opening the Windows Update panel, 'View update history', 'Installed Updates', and find and uninstall the update for Windows Live Essentials/Windows Live Mail. My installation date was Oct 05, I think. When I updated I didn't lose any Contacts or any of my Account settings.

Edited by Zuhl3156, 02 November 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#4 coffeegirl18

coffeegirl18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

You can try opening the Windows Update panel, 'View update history', 'Installed Updates', and find and uninstall the update for Windows Live Essentials/Windows Live Mail. My installation date was Oct 05, I think. When I updated I didn't lose any Contacts or any of my Account settings.

Sure you didn`t lose anything...She`ll freak if she does.

It`s not showing up.

Edited by coffeegirl18, 02 November 2010 - 01:25 PM.

#5 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

I'm absolutely positive and I don't know why. When I did a fresh install two months ago to install a new SSD I didn't lose anything. The only Folder in my User account marked 'Contacts' is empty. I'm thinking that the 'Contacts' are somehow stored on the Windows Live Mail server with your account settings, but I'm not sure. You could log onto your Live Mail account using your browser to make sure that they are stored there.

#6 coffeegirl18

coffeegirl18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

I'm absolutely positive and I don't know why. When I did a fresh install two months ago to install a new SSD I didn't lose anything. The only Folder in my User account marked 'Contacts' is empty. I'm thinking that the 'Contacts' are somehow stored on the Windows Live Mail server with your account settings, but I'm not sure. You could log onto your Live Mail account using your browser to make sure that they are stored there.

She doesn`t have a Live account available on a browser...you mean live an internet browser or for reading mail.

#7 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

I have a Live Mail account at Live.com, you'll need this to sign into your Live Mail Account. https://accountservices.passport.net/reg.srf?sl=1&lc=1033

#8 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

I did find this which pretty much explains why even the Contacts from my Verizon e-mail were saved and kept intact on this site even after a clean re-install of Windows 7 and Live Mail. http://explore.live.com/windows-live-contacts?lc=1033

#9 coffeegirl18

coffeegirl18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

I did find this which pretty much explains why even the Contacts from my Verizon e-mail were saved and kept intact on this site even after a clean re-install of Windows 7 and Live Mail. http://explore.live.com/windows-live-contacts?lc=1033

Thanks that helps a lot. My mom apparently doesn`t care about her contacts on here.

Good for me to know though...since my computer ends up in the shop a lot.

#10 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

Glad to be of help. Have a good day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users