Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

black screen comp hangs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 EqualV

EqualV

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

Black Screen computer hangs

I have the following problem and was wondering if it could be a corrupted file or mal-ware if you could check the hijackthis file attached it would be much appreciated.

The problem started roughly 2-3 months ago, while running dual monitors on my desktop (which i have done for over a year and a half with no problem) both screens went black and the computer would not respond to ctr-alt-del for a restart. So after trying to trouble shoot the problem for a while i gave up and just unhooked my second monitor.

Now in the past 3-5 weeks the one monitor will randomly go black screen and the computer will not respond to anything, i have to hard reset every time.

In the past week i reinstalled windows 7 64bit ultimate and did not keep any old files except for saved game data and pictures, which i stored on a partition in the hard drive

I have checked the voltages in the bios and they seem well within the tolerances. They are as follows:
cpu core : 1.104v
+1.1v : 1.184v
+3.30v : 3.277v
+5.00v : 4.872v
+12.0v : 11.904v
5VSB : 4.972v
VBAT : 3.198v

temps in bios:
cpu temp: 29C
system temp: 43C

I just ran FurMark for 2.5 hours without a problem (highest temp reached by video card was 88C or 89C) and then as soon as i opened Firefox, black screen and comp hang.

I have tried many different drivers for my graphics card, with no success.

Have ran multiple AV programs. with nothing reported that has not been cleaned.

I have ran the windows memory check tool and it reported no problems.

The problem seems to occur in spurts, played games heavily for 3 days straight with no problem, and then today the problem has occurred at least 8 times.

I need some help bad, me and my friends have tried just about everything we could think of, cleaning out as much dust as possible, FurMark, ATI tool.

I have never updated the bios.

yes i have unhooked the power cord, and held down the power button for a minute or so.

I did discover that one of the cells that the ram sit in had went bad, so i removed ram from that slot and the slots channeled with it. Have ran windows memory check since with no reported problems. Before i removed those memory sticks i used to have the problem where the computer would always run disc check and freeze at 1 second, has not happened since.

I attached a hijackthis report which was just gotten from the computer in question an hour ago.

specs. (would list more spec but cannot get comp to work more than a min atm)
basically a stock gateway fx6800-01e only have different ram and partitioned the hard drive.
2.67GHz Intel Core i7 920
Intel X58
512MB ATI Radeon HD 4850
750GB, 7,200 rpm (partitioned into 2 parts about 7 months ago)
windows 7 ultimate 64bit
3x 2gig ddr3
Samsung syncmaster 22inch LCD

I haved tried a different monitor which is a philips tv and have the same results.

Turned on the computer this morning, and after being on the desktop for only 30 seconds or so the screen displayed some vertical lines, took a picture and attached it, hope this helps. Philips monitor displayed a similar screen at one point this morning except the lines were much larger(thicker) and white.

today tried using the Phillips TV, problem occurred then got a colored vertical line display and the computer rebooted by itself. When i logged in i got the following error message.

Blue screen
os 6.1.7600.20.0.256.1
locale id: 1003
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800A2774E0
BCP2: FFFFF88002E06F94
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS version 6_1_7600
service pack 0_0
product 2561
files that help describe the problem
c:\window\minidump]110210-19156-01.dmp
c:\users\Doug\AppData\local\Temp\WER-47406-0.sysdata.sml

i am now trying running the computer in question in safemode with networking and its been working fine for about 30 mins, and i could not get the computer to run for more than 5mins when booting regularly.

EDIT: Posts merged ~BP

got the comp to run for a bit here are the temps according to pc wizard
TMPIN0 : 91C
TMPIN1 : 39C
TMPIN2 : 18C
Thermal Zone : 18C
Core 1 : 32C
Core 2 : 31C
Core 3 : 35C
Core 4 : 30C

ati temperature : 54.5C
ati temperature diode : 54C

the bios temps are as follows taken almost immediately after using pc wizard
cpu temp : 25C
system temp : 39C

hard disk : 37C

Ran Heavy Load pc stress test software a few mins ago. The problem occurred after about 10 or 15mins.

also here are temps and power from speed fan (taken not long after I ran heavy load)

Temp1: 92C
Temp2: 40C
Temp3: 18C
HD0: 39C
Temp1: 24C
Core0: 33C
Core1: 32C
Core2: 32C
Core3: 33C

Vcore1: 1.10V
Vcore2: 1.06V
+3.3V: 1.04V
+5V: 5.05V
+12V: 13.44V
-12V: -1.42V
-5V: 0.63V
+5V: 4.97V
Vbat: 3.25V

there are a total of 7 crash dump files in the minidump folder.

Also the problem will happen within 5-10mins every time if i run dual monitors, as opposed to working for some time if i only have one monitor hooked up.

i have run
sfc /scannow
in the command prompt and it reported no problems

EDIT: 4 more posts merged ~BP

Attached Files

Edited by Budapest, 03 November 2010 - 04:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

Hello ,
And :welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum
. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.

Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.
  • The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen.
  • Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic.
  • The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
  • Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.
You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.
-----------------------------------------------------------

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Push the Quick Scan button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

Please Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.
  • extract RKUnhooker to your desktop
    Note** it is zipped up in a .rar file - If you do not have a program to unzip this type of file -
    you can get a free one from here - http://www.7-zip.org/
  • Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
  • Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
  • Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.
  • Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.
  • Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.

Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore

"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

"just click on Cancel, then Accept".

-------------------------------------------------------------
In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problem

If you still need help, please include the following in your next reply
  • A detailed description of your problems
  • A new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)
  • RKU log

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:41 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

If you are the original topic starter and you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM.

Everyone else, please start a new topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users