Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 mariuspetipa

mariuspetipa

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:52 AM

I found this board last night and thought someone might be able to help me. I use Windows XP and have been protected by Norton Internet Security and Spyware.

I have had a problem for several weeks of a browser loading automatically after my desk top is loaded after I turn on my computer. For awhile I simply closed it. Then I found I was unable to get into the Internet for periods of time and my system just drags along. Last week I bought a new version of Norton Internet Security. I had been using a 2002 version which they no longer support. Once I loaded it and did a scan it found three files buried in a temp folder under Documents and Settings.......Local Settings/Temp. I deleted two of them -- ist_install.exe and istactive.exe. But it said it could not delete another ist_install.exe. I found an undeletable file two folders (Content and one with a combination of numbers and letters) below the temp file. It has a very long title:

administration; dcopt=ist;dir=administration node;dir=politics;dir=fedpage..... etc.

I suspect this is the undeletable file. I also suspect that this is the cause of my problems. From what I can see, if I want to delete this file I have to go into the command prompt and do some things. That makes me nervous as I am not that computer literate. Am I correct in my assumptions about the file? Is that the only way to get this problem under control?

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:46 AM

Please follow these steps in order to clean your computer of Malware which can include Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Spyware, Hijackers and Dialers.

Step 1:
Download Spybot and Adaware from the following locations and install them. You should run both programs and clean up what it finds. This is to gaurantee that you find the most malware you can installed on your computer.

Before running the scans on both programs, it is mandatory that you update the programs. There are update options in each program when you run them.

Spybot

Ad-aware

If you would like to learn more about how to use these two programs with the proper settings you can read the tutorials below:

AD-AWARE - Using Ad-aware to remove Spyware/Hijackers from Your Computer.

SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY - Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware from Your Computer.

When you scan with both programs, fix everything that it finds.

When you are done with the scan and fixing the items. Please continue with the next step.

Step 2:

It is important that you run Spybot and Adaware before you proceed with this step. Fixing enties with Hijackthis may leave behind unwanted files on your computer if the previous step was not done first.

Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the backup/restore features.

Download HijackThis from:

HijackThis

Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the program. Click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy.

Create a reply to this post here or one at the Bleeping Computer forums where I am most often, and right click in message area and select paste to paste the log into the post.

Someone will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries unless you understand what you are doing.

To see a tutorial on using HijackThis you can click on the link in my signature below.

#3 mariuspetipa

mariuspetipa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for this information. I got taken away from things yesterday. I will do this today and get back to you.

#4 mariuspetipa

mariuspetipa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:22 PM

I did as you directed and here is the log file. Spybot and Ad Aware appear to have found quite a bit.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 1:18:13 PM, on 05/19/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\DELLMMKB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon03.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\Photo Imaging\Hpi_Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\PHOTOS~1\HPSHAR~1\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Nhksrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Netropa\OSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\QUICKENW\QWDLLS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPHipm09.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Mark Donnelly\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.iquicksearch.net/search.htm
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O1 - Hosts: 64.159.94.251 auto.search.msn.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MoneyStartUp10.0] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Activation.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellTouch] C:\WINDOWS\DELLMMKB.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon03] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon03.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CXMon] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\Photo Imaging\Hpi_Monitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DKXEK] C:\WINDOWS\DKXEK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PestPatrol Control Center] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPMemCheck] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CookiePatrol] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [default_page_url] http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDMon.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = C:\QUICKENW\BILLMIND.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Camio Viewer 2000.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sierra Imaging\Image Expert 2000\IXApplet.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = C:\QUICKENW\QWDLLS.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: ppctlcab - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/ppctlcab.cab
O16 - DPF: {1EB17D1C-141D-4D9D-91CB-24D99215851D} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binaries/IA/netia32_EN_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} - http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6...922/wmv9VCM.CAB
O16 - DPF: {3E68E405-C6DE-49FF-83AE-41EE9F4C36CE} (Office Update Installation Engine) - http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/content/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/200305...meInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {75565ED2-1560-4F15-B841-20358DE6A0D1} (ImageControl Class) - http://c.ancestry.com/cab/ImageViewer/MFImgVwr.cab
O16 - DPF: {861DB4B6-3838-11D2-8E50-002018200E57} (MrSIDI Control) - http://images.myfamily.net/isfiles/downloads/MrSIDI.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/...7691.6712731481
O16 - DPF: {A8658086-E6AC-4957-BC8E-7D54A7E8A78E} (SassCln Object) - http://www.microsoft.com/security/controls/SassCln.CAB
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac...ta/SymAData.dll
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac.../ActiveData.cab

#5 mariuspetipa

mariuspetipa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:33 PM

I thought it might take you awhile to get back to me so I rebooted. The Microsoft Internet Browser still loads when I turn on the computer. The suspicious file that is undeletable is still there. This may be why my Disk Cleanup function will not work.

Thank for all the help so far. I've got my fingers crossed.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:15 PM

I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:

First Disable System Restore. You can find instructions on how to enable and reenable system restore here:

Managing Windows Millenium System Restore
or

Windows XP System Restore Guide

Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:

How to see hidden files in Windows

Just fix these

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.iquicksearch.net/search.htm
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DKXEK] C:\WINDOWS\DKXEK.exe
O16 - DPF: {1EB17D1C-141D-4D9D-91CB-24D99215851D} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binaries/IA/netia32_EN_XP.cab

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode and delete the following files:

Then delete these
C:\WINDOWS\DKXEK.exe

Renable system restore with instructions from tutorial above

Reboot your computer to go back to normal mode and post a new log.

#7 mariuspetipa

mariuspetipa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:50 AM

Being a novice I'm not clear on what I do in the section that says Just Fix These. Where are those lines to be found. What do I fix them to?

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:15 AM

Run HijackThis, click on the scan button.

Put a checkmark next to the entries that were told to you to fix and then click on the fix checked button.

Also before you do that, redownload hijackthis and uncompress it into its own directory like c:\hijackthis. The way you are running it from a temp directory is not good.

#9 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:19 AM

Hi mariuspetipa, :trumpet:

We want you to use HijackThis to fix those items. Like this:

Scan again with HijackThis. Close all other windows, put a checkmark by those entries, double-checking to be sure that only these entries are checked & then click the "Fix checked" button. Be sure to boot into safe mode to delete the one file DKXEK.exe.

You did right to ask about this.:thumbsup: If anything else is unclear don't hesitate to post back with more questions.

Edit: Oops, didn't mean to step on you Grinler. :flowers:

mariuspetipa, you might want to look at THESE INSTRUCTIONS. for putting HijackThis into its own folder.

We always did feel the same

We just started from a different point of view

Tangled up in blue--Bob Dylan

#10 mariuspetipa

mariuspetipa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:43 PM

I completed the first part with Hijackthis. However, using Windows Explorer I cannot find the file: c:\windows\DKXEK.exe. Am I doing something wrong? Was I supposed to use Hikjack this again?

Sorry to be a pest. I'm going to make a contribution to you when this is over. You guys deserve every cent you get.

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:48 PM

Did you reboot your computer into safe mode? And did you follow the tutorial on showing all hidden files?

Let me know if you have. If you have not I will give you further instructions on how to do that.

#12 mariuspetipa

mariuspetipa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:24 PM

Yes, I did all of that. I just double checked the hidden files issue and all the relevant checks have been made or unmade as you requested. I then went into the safe mode using msconfig as F8 did not seem to work.

Did I have to to the hidden files routine in safe mode?

Also, I am using my wife's computer for this. Can I still use my own even though I've not completed all your instructions?

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:48 PM

Do not use yours yet to be safe.

As long as your turned on viewing of hidden files in normal mode you should not have to do that for safe mode.

Look more one more time for c:\windows\DKXEK.exe and delete it if you see it, otherwise reboot to normal mode and post a new hijackthis log from that computer.

#14 mariuspetipa

mariuspetipa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:08 PM

As requested:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 7:05:45 PM, on 05/20/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\DELLMMKB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon03.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\Photo Imaging\Hpi_Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\PHOTOS~1\HPSHAR~1\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Nhksrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Netropa\OSD.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPHipm09.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\QUICKENW\QWDLLS.EXE
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MoneyStartUp10.0] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Activation.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellTouch] C:\WINDOWS\DELLMMKB.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon03] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon03.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CXMon] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\Photo Imaging\Hpi_Monitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PestPatrol Control Center] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPMemCheck] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CookiePatrol] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [default_page_url] http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDMon.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = C:\QUICKENW\BILLMIND.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Camio Viewer 2000.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sierra Imaging\Image Expert 2000\IXApplet.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = C:\QUICKENW\QWDLLS.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: ppctlcab - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/ppctlcab.cab
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} - http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6...922/wmv9VCM.CAB
O16 - DPF: {3E68E405-C6DE-49FF-83AE-41EE9F4C36CE} (Office Update Installation Engine) - http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/content/opuc.cab
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/200305...meInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {75565ED2-1560-4F15-B841-20358DE6A0D1} (ImageControl Class) - http://c.ancestry.com/cab/ImageViewer/MFImgVwr.cab
O16 - DPF: {861DB4B6-3838-11D2-8E50-002018200E57} (MrSIDI Control) - http://images.myfamily.net/isfiles/downloads/MrSIDI.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/...7691.6712731481
O16 - DPF: {A8658086-E6AC-4957-BC8E-7D54A7E8A78E} (SassCln Object) - http://www.microsoft.com/security/controls/SassCln.CAB
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac...ta/SymAData.dll
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac.../ActiveData.cab

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:31 PM

Fix this last item:

4 - HKCU\..\Run: [default_page_url] http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch

And then you will be done.

Post One last hijackthis log to make sure its clean then please install SpywareBlaster and IE-Spyads.

You can find tutorials on how to use them in this section:

Spyware Removal Tutorials

Then run windows update and install all available updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users