Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I AM HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING TO MY INTERNET

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 william2411

william2411

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

it states that the problem is "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection"
what am i dealing with?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mach_v

mach_v

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

First we need a little more info on what you are trying to do. If you are trying to connect wireless or bluetooth. Have you made sure that you hardware is enabled. Some laptops have an on/off wifi button as so do bluetooth. If you have tried all this it could be a bad card or bad driver. Try uninstalling the driver. http://www.petri.co.il/removing-old-drivers-from-vista-and-windows7.htm. Try to download a new driver from another pc. Use a flash drive. Also try a different WIFI card. Hope this helps. Also it could be that a malware changed your connection settings. Open explorer, then go to tools, at the bottom drop down click internet options., click the connections tab, make sure auto config is checked and that the other two boxes bellow are not checked. If the proxy is checked then you probly have a malware infection. Use malwarebytes to check and remove them. The best place to download stuff is download.com

Edited by mach_v, 02 November 2010 - 08:42 AM.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#4 william2411

william2411
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

First we need a little more info on what you are trying to do. If you are trying to connect wireless or bluetooth. Have you made sure that you hardware is enabled. Some laptops have an on/off wifi button as so do bluetooth. If you have tried all this it could be a bad card or bad driver. Try uninstalling the driver. http://www.petri.co.il/removing-old-drivers-from-vista-and-windows7.htm. Try to download a new driver from another pc. Use a flash drive. Also try a different WIFI card. Hope this helps. Also it could be that a malware changed your connection settings. Open explorer, then go to tools, at the bottom drop down click internet options., click the connections tab, make sure auto config is checked and that the other two boxes bellow are not checked. If the proxy is checked then you probly have a malware infection. Use malwarebytes to check and remove them. The best place to download stuff is download.com

i love you so much! proxy server was enabled, i disabled went to auto config :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users