Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GoldS has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 virusesaregay

virusesaregay

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

Hello,
I have a laptop with Windows Vista. I was checking my facebook and then my internet webpage expired. Whenever I tried to refresh the page a notificationg came up stating that

"GoldS has stopped working".

Also along with this another notification pops up stating that :

Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed - A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

This error seems to happen due to some incompatibility between a program on your computer and Windows Vista. It could be a lot of different applications, so you first have to determine which program is actually causing the problem. You can do this by viewing the Event Logs on Vista

1. I would try system restore to before the problem started.

2. Second option would be to look at several options:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working/

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users