Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window 7 installation problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jay8201e

jay8201e

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

I had window 7 installed on my computer, now mind u, I am new to this. The computer was running fine and I decide to move my whole workstation into another room. When I re-connect everything back and turned on the computer it said that it needed the system disk. I then install the OS and ran the repair but it did not find any errors. So I decided to do a full installation again and re-format my hard drive, so I would be starting over. Windows 7 runs great until the part where it says load drivers. When it runs it does not find any drivers, not for x64 of x86. What could I do or where can i get the device drivers that Window 7 is looking for. Once i get the drivers that the OS is asking for then I can continue with the installation. Please help, I tried everything and the computer is compatibale with Window 7.

Edited by jay8201e, 01 November 2010 - 06:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Is this the 64-bit operating system?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jay8201e

jay8201e
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

I don't no the make and model of the computer because it was built and given to me but yes it is a 64 bit. I thing the motherboard is a Gigabyte SATA

Edited by jay8201e, 01 November 2010 - 07:02 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

There should have been a CD that came with the motherboard for loading the drivers. If you don't have it you should contact the person that built this computer and ask them for it since it did come with your motherboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 jay8201e

jay8201e
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

OK, will try that, will let you know how it works out. Thank you
but dosn't the OS has it cause when I first instaled it, it was able to load the drivers.

Edited by jay8201e, 01 November 2010 - 07:18 PM.

#6 jay8201e

jay8201e
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

i have tried waht you said dc3 and it doesn't work. I tried installing Window Vista and it does the same thing. Does not find the device drivers. i am thinking that my hard drive went out. I open it and everything is connected properly but when I run the repair the details says no hard drive

Edited by jay8201e, 02 November 2010 - 03:12 PM.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

When moving computers from room to room, you should inspect all components in the system to verify that nothing became loose and is improperly disconnected/dismounted. I would highly recommend not using the computer in its current state as you could fry something. Most of the time when drivers do not install there is an issue with the device speaking to the Southbridge PCI Controller which handles device memory allocation and identification to the OS.

So with that in mind, make sure all your devices are secure in their slots and that all motherboard mounts are nice and secure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users