Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings From Old York

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:35 AM

I can't work out how to start a new topic. I wanted to ask about disabling system restore in XP home -Ican't get to the System icon in control panel. Not even sure I want to do it ..but cws.Qttasks may be my problem ( found that running Cwshredder. Apologies for posting a problem here ,but I am a bit lost !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:14 AM

Hello Pazuzu and welcome to Bleeping Computer. :thumbsup:

Here you go.

Bleeping Computer's - Windows XP System Restore Guide

You should first go into the Control Panel and then double click on the System icon. If you are in the control panel and do not see the System icon, click on the link that says "Switch to classic view" in the upper left hand side of the window. Now you should be able to see the System icon. After you double click on it you should then click on the System Restore tab.

I hope this helps you.

Just be sure to enable system restore once you are finished. Since by disabling it you wll lose all your restore points.

Edited by Scarlett, 23 November 2005 - 06:16 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:59 AM

I can't work out how to start a new topic.

Hello Pazuzu and welcome to BC.

If you wanted to start a New Topic about your question you would go to the Windows XP Home and Professional forum and click on New Topic in the upper right hand side of the page. After you type out your message you then click on "Post new topic". You can also use the Spell Checker and the "Preview Post" functions to make sure you have it right.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users