Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help recovering from recent trojan

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Imbzppl

Imbzppl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Hi, I'm new to this forum

Recently I got a trojan on my computer and I removed it with malwarebytes(full scan cannot complete, it always crashes), superantispyware, spyware terminator, security essentials(quick scan), spybot s&d, bitdefender quickscan and comodo(fullscan).

lost all system restore points too so no option to restore to previous date

it seems to be all gone but now I cannot run .exe files from certain areas like winrar and I cannot change UAC settings because it says "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened." and under details it says c:\windows\system32\useraccountcontrolsettings.exe

also it disabled my malwayrebytes, mbamgui.exe in the same manner

the trojan I got infected with was either a:

Trojan/Win32.Renos
TrojWare.Win32.Downloader.FakeAlert.ABC
Trojan.DownLoader1.32965
Win32/Renos.D!generic
W32/Katusha.N!tr
Heuristic.BehavesLike.Win32.Downloader.H
W32/Obfuscated.M
Mal/FakeAV-CX
VirTool.Win32.Obfuscator.hg!b1 (v)
Trojan.Agent/Gen-Fraudera
Trojan.Codecpack.Gen.11

is there maybe something I missed?

EDIT:
I'm going to do a full scan with security essentials, microsoft windows malicious software removal tool, and sophos anti-rootkit

i just tried installing combofix but the security block kept popping up

My other user accounts work fine its just my administrator account isn't working right

Edited by Imbzppl, 01 November 2010 - 04:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users