Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless printer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jjinx

jjinx

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

I have an hp officejet 4500 wireless printer and I can't figure out how to connect it to my network so that we can print from our laptops. I get it installed and when I click to configure wireless network it just runs and doesn't stop. Just keeps saying reconfiguring and the little green spot runs back and forth across the bar, never getting anywhere. It's been running now for about 30 minutes. Is there an easier way to do this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

Really not enough info provided to help much.
May be of help. Look at >> Network setup

#3 jjinx

jjinx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

I don't know what other info to give. I Have it installed on my desktop (XP) and my laptop (windows7). I try click on configure on wireless settings and it just stays there. Basically I need to know how to set it up so that we can print from our laptops. I don't have the printer connected to our wireless network apparently and need to know how to do that.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

Knowing the operating system`s involved helps. Thank you.

Did you follow the advice in the link provided? Did you receive documentation\instructions with the printer?

#5 jjinx

jjinx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

I think I'm getting it...ok that was actually simple lol. I have the printer connected to the network now :thumbsup: So now I just have to figure out how to print wirelessly from our laptops... Thanks for your help.

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Excellent work.

You have what should be the hardest part done. Adding it to the lap top should be as simple as going to add a printer. Letting it search for a networked printer should do it. If not, we have some Members that are very good at such things if I stub my toe. :thumbsup:

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

Sounds like you have the printer connected directly to one system
Is this the case?

If so, share the printer. Then make sure that the workgroup names are the same on all systems and that the computer names are different. Then go to add printer, tell it that it is a networked printer and let it search for it.
It should find the printer and install the drivers needed
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users