Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thinkpoint

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tweetyaz1

Tweetyaz1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:15 AM

:lmao: :woot: :wacko: I also have this nasty ThinkPoint virus and it is a buggar!!! I have followed all instructions to the T and i still cannot seem to rid my pc of this thing. I am at the step where you must type explorer.exe, i get error message Windows cannot access, I type in cacls "c:\Windows\explorer.exe" /G everyone:F and get another cannot access error message. What do i do next? I'm a beginning Sys Admin, I can follow scripted instructions so help me out please!!!! Thanks, and may the Geeks Live On and Prosper!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hello Tweetyaz1

Welcome to BleepingComputer :)
==========================
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on OTL to run it.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
====================
Please download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
  • Click the Report tab, then click Scan
  • Check Drivers, Stealth Code, Files, and Code Hooks
  • Uncheck the rest, then click OK
  • When prompted to Select Disks for Scan, make sure C:\ is checked and click OK
  • Wait till the scanner has finished then go File > Save Report
  • Save the report somewhere you can find it, typically your desktop. Click Close
  • Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in your next reply.

Note - You may get this warning it is ok, just ignore it."Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users