Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown services listed in XP SP3 Home services.msc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 joe schumacher

joe schumacher

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:41 AM

Running XP Home SP3, Comodo firewall version 5.0.163652.1142 (stable version) with Defense + enabled, avast! Free Home Edition version 5.0.677, Windows Defender version 1.1.1593.0, TM RUBotted (beta version), Malwarebytes Anti-malware version 1.46, SUPERAntispyware version 4.45.100, Prevexx version 3.0.5.319, Spyware Blaster version 4.4, Sandboxie version 3.50, and Secunia PSI version 1.0.5.2.

Only Comodo, avast!, and Windows Defender have real-time scanning enabled. All others are on-demand only, with the exception of PSI, which scans automatically every seven days and issues a status report on third-party application vulnerabilities.

A check of services.msc yielded the following three services: UDGEIVUAOGWU, ZIFFJHTKJ, and J. All three services are now disabled via admin account by me, show no dependencies, local account radio button checked, and checkbox checked allowing each of these services to interact with the desktop. Prior to my disabling these three services, all were set to manual, and msconfig under the services tab, did display checks next to each service entry, thus allowing a startup of each service, albeit via manual only.

Auslogics Registry Cleaner found these three entries under the category of Virtual Devices, and I allowed the cleaner to delete these registry entry errors. A search of the registry using regedit will still find references to these three services after supposed removal, as will an examination of services.msc.

I have Googled these three entries, and basically have come up with nothing. Virtual Device Service does yield references to say, VMWare, but I am not running a program such as this on my machine.

Anyone have any idea what these three services are?

I did have Adobe Flash and Reader installed until PSI notified me that they were a CAT 5 threat, (again), so they are uninstalled for now.

There have been system slowdowns in the past, but the system is running fine now. No malware has been detected by any of the above programs.

Thanks,

joe schumacher

Edited by hamluis, 01 November 2010 - 08:07 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users