Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Separating Email Addresses

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:38 AM

Dear Whiz Kids,

In our home we have a number of different email addresses. When I open my outlook express it connects to my ISP server and downloads all our email from all email addresses.

Is there a way of downloading only email from my email address onto my computer, and my son downloading only email from his email address on his computer? Then downloading email from the remaining addresses when we want it>

In anticipation of a helpful answer, I thank you.

Constantine.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:00 AM

Constantine,

I'm going to make a couple of presumptions here. First is that you know how to set up an email account in general. What you are attempting to do, is very feasible. The easiest way to do this is to open Outlook Express and go to Help>identities. Then create an identity for each persons email addy, following the directions in the help section. hth

Be (Outlook Express) Safe

Da Bleeping Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:24 AM

Hi,

OK,making identities is no problem. What I cannot figure out is how to associate a particular email address with a particular identity.

One step forward two steps back

Constantine

Edited by Constantine, 23 November 2005 - 02:29 AM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:58 PM

Constantine,

Sorry about the delay in replying. Take a look at this Microsoft link. Then for each identity input the appropriate information. hth

Be Safe

Da Bleeping Animal

edit: Clean up typos and link

Edited by Animal, 23 November 2005 - 11:59 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Constantine

Constantine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:37 AM

Thanks Animal..U da man.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:59 PM

Constantine,

Glad to hear it works for you. And you're very welcome.

Be (Email Success) Safe

Da Bleeping Animal

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users