Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

router unidentified in windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kratom

kratom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

One night i turned off my computer completely then after it shut off i turned off the power strip. then the next morning i could no longer connect to the internet. the router and modem are located in another room. nothing seems wrong with the router because i can connect it to my xbox and get into xbox live. when i open the network connections it says that the network im connecting to is unidentified, but other computers can identify it, wifi also works no problem. of course i tried using the windows troubleshooters like a million times and nothing changes. i recall in my attempt to fixing it accidentally deleting something in merge or delete network locations and have not been able to get it back. also in my frustration to fix the solution i have done a clean install of windows 7 64bit to see if it could auto fix everything in some kind of factory default but that did not work. i also tried taking off the routers security to allow all access but that did not work either, and of course i did the unplug everything replug. your answers will be greatly appreciated only if it solves my problem haha. im also thinking of using my mothers geeksquad membership while its there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

Power off the router and computer reboot router then power on the computer after the router is up and running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users