Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirected when clicking on Google Search results

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tavina

Tavina

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

Hi Guys I am new to this and not experienced with PC problem solving. I have Windows XP pro and Office 2003 Professional Edition. In the last 4 days I have found that when I search the internet using google and click on, or select open in new window or tab, a chosen site I am often but not always redirected to alternative sites. I have tried a restore to previous date (1 month ago) but no change. I have run Adaware and CCleaner as well as my Virgin Media Anti Virus and spyware all without any luck.

When setting up this registration I have also found that Outlook 2003 no longer works and the rest of my Office 2003 applications fail to open Outlook message is
'Cannot start Microsoft Outlook MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by installing other messaging software. Please reinstall Outlook.'

With Word the it opens a new document but before I can do anything I get 'An error has occured and thid feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair this feature now.' message and if I say yes I get 'MS Office Word has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to instal the application.' and at each click I get the Windows Installer window pop up. I don't know if this is all the same problem or just a set of coinsedences But I have not added any new programmes or downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users