Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Anyone Tell Me What This Means?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tramond

tramond

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

OK.
Problem is : My computer freezes whenever I play music and run any program, mostly the internet (Mozilla or IE)

I just got my harddrive wiped because of viruses, so I thought the problem would go away. Truth is, the computer still freezes. My brother thinks its a Codec problem or something to that effect, but I don't know. I checked Event Viewer and it said this :

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.
Hollur! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

I googled the error line, surprisingly enough it returned several leads.
One exact: http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:HM_sM8H...mobj.cpp.&hl=en
Several related: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=qxp_s...G=Google+Search

The exact one seems to blame win XP SP2, and is a year old.
I'm hoping you can make some progress by reading about it, perhaps something will "click" or you'll find additional or similar symptoms might tip you to a more definate cause/solution.

Do you have internet connectivity?
Can anything be done that will "unfreeze" the computer?
At what action point does it freeze? You say any program, mostly your browsers, but what can you do without compromise?

Edited by phawgg, 22 November 2005 - 10:31 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:03 AM

I know a little about programming, just enough to be dangerous. But I do know that a C0000005 error means a buffer overrun, and further confirmation is that your error message says it is on line 44 (in the program with the error, the programming bug is on line 44). That is what I know. What I don't know is what program you are running that has a programming bug causing this. If you know what program is causing the issue, then go to the vender and look for a patch that fixes it, as it is an error in their programming and they are probably aware of it. Good luck, not sure if I helped or not, but I hope so.

http://weblogs.asp.net/gad/archive/2004/03/23/94996.aspx
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:21 AM

Is XP updated through today?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users