Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Learning Virus!!!????

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ballorfall23

ballorfall23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

I'm ok with computers, but still an amateur. So all you pros, please excuse my ignorance. Anyway, I've been struggling for months now, to remove a virus that has hijacked the browser, won't allow safe mode, and won't allow me to run any malware removal software. I tried to find and stop the process in task manager, tried using rkill.exe (which I copied to a flash drive) and neither of those methods proved successful. I even renamed rkill and my malware removal software, in an effort to fool the virus. I copied Super antispyware to a flash drive and ran it, it detected a Rogue in the registry. It quarantines the virus and prompts a reboot for complete deletion. Before it can finish rebooting, a black screen with the words "No bootable partition in table" pops up. I then have to hit the power switch on and off to leave that screen. When I used rkill, it tells me rkill itself is the process that was stopped. I read this could be the virus protecting itself, and in some cases it's process is actually stopped. So I run tdss and it detects a rootkit. I go to remove it to get the same result: "No bootable partition in table". I try once more to run rkill, tdss, and super antispyware (in that order). This time, neither tdss or super antispyware detects anything!!! Did this virus realize it was trying to be removed and learned how to dodge the software!!!??? I don't know what else to do! Knowledgeable people, please be so kind to take time to share your wisdom! Thanks so much.

Edited by ballorfall23, 31 October 2010 - 10:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users