I went into safemode, and ran antimalwarebytes' antimalware
Scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in safe or normal mode will work but removal functions are not as powerful in safe mode
MBAM is designed to be at full power when malware is running so safe mode is not necessary when using it. In fact, MBAM loses some effectiveness
for detection & removal when used in safe mode because the program includes a special driver which does not work in safe mode. Further, scanning in safe mode prevents some types of malware from running so it may be missed during the detection process. Additionally, there are various types of malware infections which target the safeboot keyset so booting into safe mode is not always possible. For optimal removal, normal mode is recommended
so it does not limit the abilities of MBAM. Doing a safe mode scan should only
be done when a regular mode scan fails or you cannot boot up normally. If that is the case, after completing a safe mode scan, reboot normally, update the database definitions
through the program's interface (preferable method
) and try rescanning again.
After performing a new scan, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.
Please download and scan with the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
from one of the links provided below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Be sure to print out and read the instructions provided in:How to Install Kaspersky Virus Removal ToolHow to use the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to automatically remove viruses
- Double-click the setup file (i.e. setup_220.127.116.112_22.01.2010_10-04.exe) to select your language and install the utility.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
- When the 'Setup page' appears, click Next, check the box 'I accept the license agreement' and click Next twice more to begin extracting the required files.
- Setup may recommend to scan the computer in Safe Mode. Click Ok.
- A window will open with a tab that says Autoscan and one for Manual disinfection.
- Click the green Start scan button on the Autoscan tab in the main window.
- If malware is detected, you will see the Scan Alert screen. Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
- After the scan finishes, if any threats are left unneutralized in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button.
- Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
- If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot, click the Ok button to close the window.
- In the Scan window click the Reports button, choose Critical events and select Save to save the results to a file (name it avptool.txt).
- Copy and paste the report results of any threats detected and if they were successfully removed in your next reply. Do not include the longer list marked Events.
- When finished, follow these instructions on How to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010.