Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect on IE and Chrome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 reedmoney

reedmoney

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

I had IE infected a few weeks ago and couldn't remove it. I used Chrome which worked fine until last night when I tried to go Best Buy's website via a Google search and then got redirected.

I downloaded the DDS program and it seems something is wrong when I try to run it. I never get the black screen...only a get a txt file with a jumbled mess. I think part of the problem is I don't see an option to save it as a "screen saver".

I cannot upload the DDS txt file because it's too large.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ark.txt   16.6KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

Hi

Please run the following:

• Download OTL and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon to run it.
  • Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top, make sure Standard output is selected.
  • Under the Extra Registry section, check Use SafeList
  • Download the following file scan.txt to your Desktop. Click here to download it. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
  • Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
  • A window will appear saying "Click Ok to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
  • Click the Ok button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
  • Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users