Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

7E STOP, Thinkpad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CarpReef

CarpReef

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

My ibm ThinkPad laptop got this blue screen stop error message: "Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x806AA081, 0xF7BC357C, 0xF7BC3278)"
microsoft.com & answers.microsoft.com had great info & symptoms, & had links to bleepingcomputer.com forum for How to create a bootable disk for Windows XP" I have same problem I keep seeing on all these forms for those of us stumped, solution dowsn't work for us because:
Can't get to safemode, command prompt, recovery console to do corresponding suggested fixes
Told to "update bios" but can't find links to appropriate bios update
Links leading to "how to create bootable Win XP startup disk" require "any" XP CD, but can't do it because:
Sick WinXP laptop came with recovery "partition" (can't get to it)
& healthy WinXP laptop has WinXP installation included in factory "oem" installation disk; reach forum comment of that kind of Windows installation CD doesn't work
Lots of evidence that problem happened after I accidently installed wrong dirivers for a hardware device. Uninstalled the program, but hardware kept showing up as a "legacy floppy disk". It was an iomega zip storage drive I attached to the lpt printer plug. Worked great. I got all my files from old Windows 98 computer finally onto disks, so I could donate the computer, diskdrive, old lpt type printer. But Somehow "Windows NT drivers got on the computer" & it went nuts. Now there is "storage drive" "legacy floppy disk" devices in device manager. Then later Additional iomega CD DVD devices show up, now it thinks it's a dvd drive! Later, from the NT drivers it thinks it is a NETWORK computer hard disk attached to the printer port!
At one point I turned off laptop & unplugged battery! because some of the fixes said to unplug for hardware conflict. Later in these forums I see that this bluescreen stop error can occur from battery problem
Says display device settings problem if don't get log on screen it's because correct display device not enabled. but in BIOS I just keep changing the options, not knowing if I have pci or agp,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

Can you please edit your post its insanely difficult to read it as it is.

Also clearly explain the situation that you are having.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users