Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Birthday Gift?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Goodspeed

Goodspeed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:58 AM

Hi there,

Which cell should I gift my gf on her b day.......she is a cell geek...Nokia N8, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxay or Iphone 4GS.

Which in your expert opinion is the best, most verstile #1.

Regards!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

Hi Welcome to BC,

Well It depends on what she wants in a cell phone, if she wants lots of apps and ease of use then go with the iPhone 4, if she wants something that is cool and different then get the HTC desire. Me personally have a Blackberry curve that I love it is also a phone others love to hate. But in addition to that I also have an iPod touch. If I had a choice I would go with the iPhone 4. :blink:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Goodspeed

Goodspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

Hi computerxds & thanks for the warm welcome to BC.

iPhone3 she already has, I think the choice is more between N8 & HTC. Features that are her priority are faster CPU, longer battery duration, memory (RAM) & storage space. (Both SD & Internal)

Regards!

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

IS it that she doesn't like her iPhone 3G? The iPhone 4 is much better than previous iPhones. But the HTC does have a 1GHZ snapdragon, which means it will be incredibly fast, also the screen is comparable to the new iPhone 4. The HTC also has 512 of ram and runs on android which will give her a ton of cool applications. See the specs of the HTC Desire here: http://www.htc.com/www/product/desire/specification.html

Ok now to the Nokia H8, the only thing that is different from the HTC is the camera and the sound technology that is within the phone, oh and the Operating system. Personally I would go with the HTC. But it is all up to you. If it were me I would go and take her to an apple store to view the new iPhone 4 and then show her the HTC. And if she asks you why you are showing her(if you want to keep it a surprise) tell her you are thinking of getting one for yourself. :blink:

Edited by computerxpds, 31 October 2010 - 02:04 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 Goodspeed

Goodspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

Thanks you read my mind......... wanna surprise her :blink:.

HTC 32 GB memory is external,SD card & not internal..............does it support all networks since she travels frequently?

If it were you which would you go for of the 2.....lets make it easier.

Best regards!

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

I cannot find a specific carrier of the HTC, Where are you? Florida? If so then as long as she is in the US and NOT roming then it should work without a fee, but if he is roming then of course there will be a fee. Any way the nokia as I see it is only available in europe right now at least that is what I have been able to find. All that aside if I was wanting a new phone now it would be the HTC. :blink:
sigcomp.png 

#7 Goodspeed

Goodspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

Thanks computerxpds..........you are one smart genius experienced member I shall go with your recommendation..........HTC Desire.

Yes I am in Florida.

Regards!

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

You are very welcome! :blink: That is what I live on is the satisfaction of being able to make a member happy and help them with what ever they need. Feel free to post any time you need some help. :wacko: Have a nice night. :) :)

Edited by computerxpds, 31 October 2010 - 06:41 PM.

sigcomp.png 

#9 Goodspeed

Goodspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:44 PM

Thanks again & for the offer..........feel free to PM if you ever need any Med opinion. Sleep well.

Best Regards!

#10 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Ok will remember that for the future. :blink:

Best Regards
-Computerxpds
sigcomp.png 

#11 L1801G05

L1801G05

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:11 AM

I vote for HTC Desire :blink:

#12 gonalolly

gonalolly

• Banned Spammer
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

You are right that Even HTC is also mine desire, I have already used once, My colleague had gave me this FTC pro for two days. I really impressed to use all application and features of this phone. I am sure that I will get this phone as soon as.

#13 Goodspeed

Goodspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

You are right that Even HTC is also mine desire, I have already used once, My colleague had gave me this FTC pro for two days. I really impressed to use all application and features of this phone. I am sure that I will get this phone as soon as.

What's FTC Pro?

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm almost sure that should read as HTC Pro. There are actually 2 models HTC Pro and HTC Pro 2.

HTC - Products - HTC Touch Pro - Overview

HTC - Products - HTC Touch Pro2 - Overview

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users