Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Laptop Fin Freezing every use!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bnmlutz

bnmlutz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

New Toshiba Satellite C655, Win 7, AMD Vision Athelon 2 P340, 4G RAM, 500MG PRO. Laptop freezes regularly. IE and Chrome browsers freeze alot (do not run both simultanisly) Will not shut down, have to hold down power button to do it. Updates install freeze in the process. Run spyware Dr. w. antivirus, Windows defender (do not run both at samer time), no Issues there. Installed a few programs from old laptop when I bought this one.... they are.... winamp (since uninstalled) Any video converter, boncaudio converter, picasa 3, google earth, MS office 2010 PRO, and skype. Run virus checks daily. Do not know WTF is going on. I bought from Office Max, did not buy protection plan. Does this sound like something they will fix, or fix it on my own? Please help. Thank You for your knowledge. Brian-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

If it's new and still under warranty get them to fix it. Even better would be to return it for a refund if your still within the time limit to do so. The more you do to try and fix it yourself, the more they will want to say that it was something that you did and not their problem. If they say that it's your fault then it will cost you money. You could even try to contact the manufacturer to see if it is a known issue that is easily repaired.

Edited by Zuhl3156, 30 October 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

What Windows 7 do you have. If it was my computer I would remove all those programs and check if everything works as it should. If things are working correctly make a Restore Point. Then check with Google to see if those programs will work with Windows 7(?) 32 or 64 bit. If those programs are comparable with your Windows 7 install one at a time. Check for a while if things are still good install one more and so on. This way you will be able to find the ugly puppy in the litter.
NOTE! I have also seen a anti virus cause these kinds of problems with certain programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users