Jump to content
Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:18 PM
Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:22 PM
what to type in ?????????
pop it in and do a repair install.
Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:23 PM
Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:30 PM
Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:41 PM
yes but when i enter there i type the OS that i want to repair ..... and then what should i type there for exp. chkdsk etc ???????
Let it boot up then follow the on screen prompts you will want to be doing a repair installation.
Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:45 PM
Perform a Repair Installation
Published: August 1, 2002
Submitted by Doug Knox, Windows XP MVP, Tewksbury, Massachusetts
For more tips by Doug, visit Doug's Windows Tweaks and Tips
Find more on the Expert Zone from Doug Knox.
How do you perform a reinstallation of Windows XP, sometimes called a repair installation?
Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer. Then insert your Windows XP Setup CD, and restart your computer.
1. When the Press any key to boot from CD message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
2. Press ENTER when you see the message To setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen.
3. Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.
4. In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
5. Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.
See these Knowledge Base articles for more information on reinstalling Windows XP: How To: Troubleshoot Windows XP Setup Problems When You Upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Me.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users