Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website Browser Mess

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 badmonkey

badmonkey

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:26 PM

Dear BleepingComputer,

I am trying to clean up a website mess as the original creator doesn't like Microsoft and hence didn't bother with seeing how the site looks in IE.

My main problem right now is that the images which are align in a row in Safari and Firefox/Mozilla are aligned in a column in IE. Here is one page that clearly shows this. Is there a way to have all browsers display this correctly?

I am just starting with these modification so I haven't delved into javascript and CSS yet, so I am not asking for someone else to do my work for me. Just some hints and links to sites which address this issue would be great.

Thanks,
Badmonkey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:13 PM

Hi badmonkey,

You can visit this site http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/abdesign.shtml and I think it will offer some help.

For some more links to some of the best, visit my ResourceRoom

Hope this will help you.

:thumbsup:

#3 badmonkey

badmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:36 AM

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

Thanks for the links, they were helpful. At least I now have the ability to read the code and understand what is going on (and where what is located).

Happy Thanksgiving,
Badmonkey :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users