Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to play online poker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

Please list suggestions

It will be for real money, so leave out fake money sites
==]--s1lents0ul-->

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:13 AM

bump
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

sorry I dont gamble cant help you . . .

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

Hi, Have you ever had a Rootkit,backdoor troan or IRC bot on this PC?

These allow hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

boopme, Im asking for website referrals to safe platforms to play poker. Unless your post was to say that any site like the ones im looking for will infect me with such things, then I dont understand why you posted that. Please explain.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

In the USA, you might have a problem. Lots of good info on online poker in links below.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/429273_gambling31.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_poker
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

boopme, Im asking for website referrals to safe platforms to play poker. Unless your post was to say that any site like the ones im looking for will infect me with such things, then I dont understand why you posted that. Please explain.

Hello, sorry for not being clear. First I have no info on a good poker site. I am saying that if you had/have any of those infections ON your PC then you need to take some action. Those infections will steal all the financial/personal info that you are going to have to provide. I do not want to see you become a victim of Identity theft.. An ounce of prevention principle.....

Edited by boopme, 02 November 2010 - 09:30 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:21 AM

Oh, ok, well Thank You, no I have not had any type of infection on my computer, the build is fairly new, and I havent had any problems yet.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#9 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:21 AM

Hi s1lents0ul

One thing you need to be aware of in addition to the well needed warnings regarding viral infection, the theft of sensitive personal info.

On-line gambling is illegal in the U.S. I am not passing judgment or saying you what you should or should not to because of that fact. What I am saying is that all on-line gambling sites are based outside of U.S. borders. There fore outside of U.S. legal jurisdiction. Should you have any problem regarding legal matters you will have Zero legal recourse.

Not to mention that in order to even attempt legal action you would in affect have to admit you were breaking the law.

#10 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

I understand that if foul play occurs, that I would have no leg to stand on. Many people must play online poker since It has made such a big, but I presume that americans still play online. I have downloaded a platform but have not used real money on it, just the pretend play money they give you. Is that action, "using fake money" still considered gambling and illegal in U.S?
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#11 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

I really have no idea at what point the legal line is crossed.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of U.S. that play at the various gambling sites available. I have never read or heard of any facing prosecution for doing so. Either for play or real money. Does not mean it has`t happened.

A while back I did read of a group of players that found a way to crack the system used by several of the sites. Made quit a haul before being outed by some other players.

The final decision is yours of course. We are just trying to make you aware of all the potential risks.
There is nothing to stop theses sites from making a cash killing over the course of time then simply closing down and the owners disappearing into the night with your`s and others money.

#12 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

That would be quite a dissapointment, I will hope that it does not happen. Thank you, everyone, for the input.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#13 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

Best of luck Diamond Jim. :thumbsup:

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

If you use a US based financial institution for transactions for 'real money' you would be committing wire fraud. It is still illegal at this point for any US based financial institution to complete a transaction with any online gambling site.

Since currently this is still an illegal venture in the US, regardless of pending legislation. We will conform to Bleeping Computer rules and close this topic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users