Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Banning from a Chat Room

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 God Mode

God Mode

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

I havent been here in a while haha.
Anyway I wasn't sure where to put this, so my apologies if its in the wrong spot.

I'm a monitor in a chat room and our options for banning are Name Ban, IP Ban, and Flash Cookie ban.
However, all bans are useless if the user is smart enough to change their name or change their IP.

Is it possible, with the options given, to ban someone regardless if they change their IP's or not?
(there happens to be one person within this chat room who is always going around given bans and being a nuisance in the chat room.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

You will have to ask the developer of your Chat Software that question.

#3 God Mode

God Mode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

ok thank you :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users