Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

v-555 won't d-load pics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ffour

ffour

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

i have recently changed from a motorola v-551 to a v-555 cellphone. i placed the existing simcard into new phone and have had no known phone call issues: call quality, phonebook, etc., but whenever i get a message in my inbox that includes a picture, i attempt to download per the prompt on the menu screen and i get the "unable to download at this time. try again later." likewise, i cannot send a pic captured on my phone's camera. i have tried repeatedly with no success. i am on att/cingular's 3-G ntwk. they have not been able to resolve my problem with either online, in-store, or on the phone tech. assistance. i read on a motorola help forum that perhaps i need to update the software: either by menu selection (if such an option exists on the phone), or by using a patch cord (usb to phone) and then d-loading from website. i do not have the correct cord, nor does my phone have menu option for the "update software." any suggestions? i would be grateful. if not, is it worth purchasing the patchcord? my prior v-551 initially had a similar issue when i got it, but i was able to resolve it via the carrier, cingular, and they never disclosed what the issue, or the correction was. thanks! the v-555 was purchased as unlocked 3G quadband phone capable of send/rec. SMS and MMS messaging.

Edited by ffour, 30 October 2010 - 04:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ffour

ffour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

here is a fix to my own problem which i posted 10-30-10. worked great for me!

Configuring MMS settings on the Motorola V551.
Symptom:
Messaging-MMS
Instructions:

Press the Menu Key.
Scroll to and select Settings.
Scroll to and select Web Sessions.
Scroll to and select Web Sessions.
Highlight "MMS" and press the Menu Key.
Scroll to and select Edit.
Validate the following parameters:
Name: MMS
Homepage: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Service Type 1: WAP
Gateway IP: 66.209.11.61
Port 1: 9201
Domain 1: blank
* Service Type 2:
Gateway IP 2: 0.0.0.0
Port 2: 0
Domain 2: blank
DNS 1: 0.0.0.0
DNS 2: 0.0.0.0
Time out: 10 minutes
CSD no 1: Blank
Username: 1: blank
Password 1: blank
Speed (Bps) 9600
Line Type 1: ISDN
CSD no 2: blank
User Name 2: blank
Password 2 blank
Speed (Bps) 2: 9600
Line Type 2: ISDN
GPRS APN: wap.cingular
User Name: <leave blank>
Password: <leave blank>
Press the left soft key 4 times to return to the main menu.
Scroll to and select Messages.
Press Menu.
Scroll to and select Inbox Setup.
Scroll to and select "MMS Message Setup", then press Change.
Scroll to and select Server Info.
Scroll to "MMS", then press Menu.
Scroll to and select Edit.
Validate the following settings:
Service Name: MMS
Server Name: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Web Session Name: MMS

Privacy Policy Updated 11-15-10 | Careers | Contact Us | Terms of Use | Site Map | Accessibility

2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved.
AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
AT&T 36USC220506
YELLOWPAGES.COM Digital White & Yellow Pages Proud Sponsor of the U.S. Olympic Team
The first nationwide carrier to be awarded the Seal of Wireless Quality. For details, visit www.ctia.org

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:41 AM

Glad you posted your solution but I see that you copied and pasted it, You could have just linked to the page you got that from. But never the less I am glad you posted your solution so others can follow it. :)
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users