Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Love the new site... but Not the Longer wait time... help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jessejane

jessejane

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

My post has been up for 9 days now... my mother is about to through the computer away and go buy a new one! That would be great... but she doesn't have it to spend.
I must admit, I am getting really frustrated this time... I have never waited so long to get help.
I do understand it is volunteers... but 9 days?
Seems like the ones they help are the techs... and some of the problems are not to the point where they cannot use their computer, she cannot use it.
I am also feeling like when they do finally answer, they will tell me I am not giving enough information... or wrong board... or something that will take time to get it back to them and this will drag on even longer.

Sorry for the rant... but needed to vent somewhere.
Thanks for any answers...
... jj ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ffour

ffour

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

hey, it needed to be said!! i also have had great success with using the tech. support and have resolved some gnarly problems, but like you said - it seems like some members delay assistance citing the "rules, incorrect forum, policy, yadayadayada!" i love bleeping computer, too, i guess so do LOTS of others! keep at it - your honesty is refreshing!

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

Hello jessejane,

We are particularly busy and there is a ten day wait but you are not ignored and we do not try and buy time by asking you to do other things. Anything we request is needed and will help you get cleaned up.

I can see that right now you are 26th on the list so your topic will get picked up really soon.

We are all volunteers and sometimes due to life or nasty new infections we get dragged down but we pride ourselves on providing as good a service as we can. As an example there are 37 people on the list for the day after you posted.

Seems like the ones they help are the techs

We help everyone. In fact, I would say we prefer to help the non-techs. They are the people who are most lost when their PC gets attacked.

I hope that answers some of your questions.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#4 jessejane

jessejane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

Thank you so very much IKTD... I feel much better! haha
Sorry if I sounded so... 'grumpy' lets say... patience was not one of my better qualities :thumbsup:

Thank you again for the update... much appreciated.
... jj ...

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:20 AM

Hello, to add to what m0le said, due to the forum upgrade, Malware Response Team members temporarily were not able to see all topics they replied to in a chronological.

For that reason some of us (myself included) did not take any new topics. This to avoid replying to a topic and then losing track of it. Now that this is fixed, we are working hard to catch up.

I understand it is very frustrating to have to wait such a long time, but once again, be assured you will get a reply. :thumbsup:

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users