Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:13 AM
Win7 (32-bit) Screensaver not working. Intel DG31PR 775 Socket with integrated LAN and Sound. Dual core processor. 4gig memory.
I've read everything I could find on this problem, but none of the answers in Forums online have helped and I'm hoping one of your faithful has a solution. Here's my story.
I have installed Win7 using Update from Vista Basic, and, the Custom install from WinXP. The screensavers work fine in both before Win7 install, but under both setups when I start Win7 Home Premium with just the basic OS installed the screensaver doesn't work.
Things I've tried:
- Clean Boot
- Unchecked the setting for the network card to "Allow this device to wake the computer."
- Turned off the setting in the BIOS to wake the computer
- Disconnected the USB Optical mouse and plugged in a PS-2
- Keyboard is PS-2
- Disconnected all USBs
- Shutoff the Background Slide Show
- Set Microsoft Default Screensaver to begin in one minute - Screensaver previews fine, but won't envoke itself
- Disconnected PCI cards
- I have the Power Options set to “Balanced” Turn off display in 10 minutes & Put computer to sleep in 30 minutes
- Installed all the latest Updates from Microsoft for Win7
- Put a checkmark in front of "On resume, display logon screen" as some advised online
- Checked the Power Management tab, the setting to allow this device to wake the computer was already unchecked. But in the Advanced tab, there is an entry called 'Wake on Settings'. That was set, by default, to 'Wake on Magic and Directed'. I changed it to 'Disabled'
Perhaps this is solely a Microsoft problem that cannot be fixed by the end user. I'm completely open to suggestions. Thank you