Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Modern Warfare 2 - Insufficient Free Disk Space Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fallenarchangel

fallenarchangel

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:04 AM

Hi Everyone,

After the introduction movie for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 the game suddenly displays this message "ERROR Insufficient free disk space. Please free at least 5 Mb of free space on game drive" and goes back to the main menu.

I have tried what was instructed in this forum http://cod4boards.com/cod4-pc/1040-insufficient-disk-space-sp-mode-problem-solved-2.html (Unchecking Read-only in the autosave folder's Properties) but when I checked its Properties again, it changed back to Read-only again.

I hope someone can help me solve this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:24 AM

go to my computer, and check how much hard drive space you have. If your hard drives full, thats probably your problem you may have to delete some stuff.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 fallenarchangel

fallenarchangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:01 AM

Actually, I have lots of free hard disk space in all drives. I'm not sure if it's referring to the hard disk space at all. Others have experienced it too and they have Gigabytes of free space. Maybe this has to do with Administrative features?

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:21 AM

Ok, well that problem has to do with the auto-save feature, it appears its giving you this error before you get in game. While it may be the same problem, something in my head says probably not, but if so, are you trying to uncheck the read only box under a user account, or admin? and did you hit apply, or just ok to exit out of the window? Also, how big is the auto save folder.

Some more questions that may help us get to the bottom of this, what OS are you running, are you running any mods with the game, and did you download it via steam? Ive found some people who have experienced similar problems with this game who got it from steam or are running mods. Thanks.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#5 fallenarchangel

fallenarchangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

Hi thepatriot_09,

I am unchecking the read only box as admin. The autosave folder is 107MB big.
And I am running a Windows 7 64-bit OS. =)

You can say I'm a noob upon asking this question...what do you mean by mod in the gaming sense? *blush* I'm not sure though. I copied the game from a friend.
Thanks!

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:31 AM

You say you copied the disc from a friend? Well, this may be part of the problem, unless you have paid for a valid license key this is considered pirating. Pirated software does not always work, and I do apologize but it is against board rules to assist you further:

(from our Board rules)
No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

I would recomend going and purchasing a legal copy of the game, and trying to install it again, it may work better.

picard5.jpg

#7 fallenarchangel

fallenarchangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:12 AM

My apologies.. I am going to purchase a legal copy of the game and will delete/uninstall this copy. It just happened that my friend is experiencing the same problem.

Thanks, thepatriot_09!

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

no problem, once you have a legal copy and it is still experiencing the same problems, we can go from there, and tell your friend about this site, we might be able to get two birds with one stone. :thumbsup:

picard5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users