Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ran Hitman Pro 3, now cpu wont boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 draven1198

draven1198

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

I'm not in front of my computer right now but here's the basic gist of what happened today.....

I was trying to navigate to the "First Years" website to provide a product review for my daughter's little bed thing we bought.... it sux by the way don't get one.

I googled the site.... everytime I tried to click on it I got redirected to some other BS.....whenever that would happen, norton would pop up on me saying it blocked an attack. I checked the log and it was some website in europe, the web address began with an "S" and it was well known.... I was pissed so I did a bit of searching around and saw that someone recomended running spydoctor, malwarebytes, hitman pro 3 and a few others. They said they had to run all of em to end up fixing the issue....

it's also worth noting that my cpu has been running crazy slow at times and all kinds of laggy.... I'm usually overclocked to 3.0ghz on my icore7 so I know it's not due to underpowah!!! plus when I watch my system monitor very seldom is the CPU being "stressed", rarely over 20%-30% usage and usually below 55C for temps.

spydoctor is a hack..... it runs but won't fix your system unless you buy it.... gay..... it found 75'ish and said it'd only fix 15 so I said okay... fix the 15 issues!

I ran hitman pro 3 next...... it updated and ran, then found quite a few files as well.... when it was done, it said it needed to reboot, so I said okay.... that's the last time my baby worked .....

Upon loading, the furthest I've gotten is to where windows "starts" to possibly load, then black, then restarts.... then it says "windows failed to start, run the startup recovery" or something like that. I ran it, it said it could not fix the errors and that I was pretty much feked....

I tried the system restore option from there..... no dice..... the system will NOT load.....

I can get to the post screen and at the restore point there is an option for cmd line but I'm retarded when it comes to code.....

I do not have a windows 7 disc, I bought my key online and used my buddies disc to install it.

I have access to the wife's laptop but it doesn't have a burner, all I have is a 2g usb drive and a 4g usb drive that are more like 1.7g and 3.8g since they always be lying on the packages!

any help in the matter is GREATLY appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,942 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

It can be difficult to determine what exactly caused this problem. Bootup failure can be due to a variety of issues to include application faults, hardware failures, loose pin connections or malware (to include attempts to remove it). Startup failures that occur before the OS loader (Ntldr) starts could indicate missing or deleted files, or damage to the hard disk master boot record (MBR), partition table, or boot sector. If a problem occurs during startup, the system might have incompatible software or drivers, incompatible or improperly configured hardware, or corrupted registry/system files. However, the first thing to do is check all your hardware connections and ensure they are fitted properly.

If you cannot bootup, then your options are limited.

Windows 7 Repair Options:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 draven1198

draven1198
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

Got it fixed btw. Here's a link to the thread and site that helped me: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/289282-hitman-pro-3-now-wont-reboot/

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,942 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

Glad to hear you resolved the problem.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif