Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ferdz

Ferdz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:43 PM

I was trying this new software i bought(alcohol120%) to make a backup for a playstation disc on simulation only.As it was doing this, my norton antivirus pops up asking for an update, so I clicked yes. After installing the update, it asked me to restart. I clicked "no" since alcohol software was running in simulation. And then i turned my backon it for a few minutes to get something, when I returned, I saw a blue screen. I cant figured what happened.
I tried to restore it to the previous running configuration and it went back to blue screen after a while. I also attempted to restore it on safe mode and it would not. pop up this message-- WMP54v4.exe encountered a problem..... I cant un istall the alcohol software (thingking it has to do with the problem. I'm also linked to my linksys wireless internet at that time.Now when it starts , I get very low resolution, slow and practically unable to use it. Like i said in my Intro, I'm no computer whiz but i can trouble shoot with your help guys.please ( using another comp for this)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CSpiner

CSpiner

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:29 PM

I was trying this new software i bought(alcohol120%) to make a backup for a playstation disc on simulation only.As it was doing this, my norton antivirus pops up asking for an update, so I clicked yes. After installing the update, it asked me to restart. I clicked "no" since alcohol software was running in simulation. And then i turned my backon it for a few minutes to get something, when I returned, I saw a blue screen. I cant figured what happened.
I tried to restore it to the previous running configuration and it went back to blue screen after a while. I also attempted to restore it on safe mode and it would not. pop up this message-- WMP54v4.exe encountered a problem..... I cant un istall the alcohol software (thingking it has to do with the problem. I'm also linked to my linksys wireless internet at that time.Now when it starts , I get very low resolution, slow and practically unable to use it. Like i said in my Intro, I'm no computer whiz but i can trouble shoot with your help guys.please ( using another comp for this)

Ferdz,

The exe file is for your Linksys card. Try uninstalling the software for your card in safe mode and tell me if it works or not.

CSpiner
"You will always be a step ahead in the back of my head" ~ Caroline's Spine
"Won't someone tell me how we live to be 75" ~ Caroline's Spine
"Vote for me and all your wildest dreams will come true." ~ Pedro (Napoleon Dynamite)

#3 Ferdz

Ferdz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:08 PM

Ferdz,

The exe file is for your Linksys card. Try uninstalling the software for your card in safe mode and tell me if it works or not.

CSpiner

CSpiner ,
Thanks for responding.Yes the software for the linksys was suceesfully removed in safe mode. and when i restarted the computer it found a new hardware . Network controller. I did not install the software. I see a smalll window "error loading nvgpio.dll.' when i cliked ok , i got a bigwhite window with TODO:?????????? at the center .Still on low resolution without wallpaper in sky blue .

#4 Ferdz

Ferdz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

Ferdz,

CSpiner

CSpiner ,
Thanks for responding.Yes the software for the linksys was suceesfully removed in safe mode. and when i restarted the computer it found a new hardware . Network controller. I did not install the software. I see a smalll window "error loading nvgpio.dll.' when i cliked ok , i got a bigwhite window with TODO:?????????? at the center .Still on low resolution without wallpaper in sky blue .

CSpiner,
also it didnt last long it froze and went to blue screen again

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:40 PM

Ferdz,
When replying to a post, don't use the Reply button under the post, unless there is something specifically in the post, that you want to quote.
Either use the button at the top of the page labeled Add Reply, or use one of the 2 buttons at the bottom of the page labeled Fast Reply, and Add Reply.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 CSpiner

CSpiner

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:32 AM

Ferdz,

Now you have a problem with your video card. Try uninstalling the current drivers and installing the latest drivers and see if that works.

CSpiner

Edited by CSpiner, 23 November 2005 - 09:39 AM.

"Vote for me and all your wildest dreams will come true." ~ Pedro (Napoleon Dynamite)

#7 Ferdz

Ferdz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:41 PM

I tried to uninstall all the nividia drivers but it it was not succesful. again went to the blue screen...ferdz

#8 CSpiner

CSpiner

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

Did you try uninstalling while in safe mode?

CSpiner

#9 Ferdz

Ferdz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:02 PM

CSpinner,
Yes I tried uninstalling the video card drivers on safe mode like i did with the linksys but failed.I did try to do it again ( Have NVIDIA Drivers and NVIDIA WDM Drivers) under NVidia drivers , I selected Remove all NVIDIA drivers, including Display. it went to blue. With the option Remove all NVIDIA drivers except display, it asked me to restart, when i booted it to normal mode, it has now a better resolution with my icons and a blue background. think this one dit it .Then I TRied to reinstall the video controller and it did not complete it. It says problem installing this hard ware: Video Controller( VGa Compatible) an error occured during the installation of the devise. The I/O operation has been aborted because either a thread exit or an application request. ........I installed some ot the the drivers it was looking for( exept for the network controller..think this is for the linksys). the computer seems to be unsually slow... really slow with some programs not responding. I adjusted the resolution to its maximum and it did changed it back to my original wallpaper and smaller icons. I attempted do a restore under normal mode and I got an error and did nothing. i tried to look under device manager to see what hardware or driver needs to be installed. cant view it . The computer looks normal though. :thumbsup: also it wont shut down or restart using the turn off or restart switches.

Edited by Ferdz, 23 November 2005 - 08:07 PM.

#10 CSpiner

CSpiner

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:13 PM

Ferdz,

What NVIDIA video card and computer do you have? The computer might be running slow because your video controller didn't install. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the actual video card from the system? The next thing I suggest is to use the last known good configuration option.

CSpiner

#11 Ferdz

Ferdz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:52 PM

I've got AMD athlon X2 4800 with 2gigs of RAM and my videocard is a GeForce 7800 gtx on a k8nneo 4 SLI motherboard. I built this computer( my 1st). This computer was running fast. now its running like prehistoric machine. I just want this baby fixed and not lose data stored on it.
I already did try restoring it in its last config but it did not work. froze and went blue. I hope We find a solution. If not , What do you suggest. Reinstall the whole thing?
thanks for helping, I really appreciate it.

#12 CSpiner

CSpiner

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:40 PM

Fredz,

I don't know what else to tell you except to reinstall everything. I haven't built a system, maybe this link will help forum; it's for system building.

CSpiner

#13 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

Does the PC boot and operate correctly in Safe Mode?

Here's a blurb on reinstalling video drivers that may help:
Do a CLEAN install of the video drivers as follows
  • Go to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers.
  • Download Driver Cleaner PE (2.5MB) from here and place it on your desktop.
  • Uninstall your display drivers via the Windows control panel (only the display drivers!!) then reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Once in safe mode, open Driver Cleaner, click 'Tools' and select 'Cab Cleaner', click 'Start' and wait till it's finished. When finished click 'Close', next select your make of graphics card in the drop down box and click 'Start'.
    Once finished, reboot into normal windows mode.
  • Install your new drivers. DO NOT let Windows do it for you via the wizard, cancel the wizard and double click your driver file that your downloaded.
  • Reboot.
:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#14 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;308427

From another post of mine:

Next, please go to Start...Control Panel...Administrative Tools...Event Viewer. Once Event Viewer opens there will be 3 categories listed in the left hand pane (Application, Security, and System). Please click on each one (in turn) and view the messages for that category in the right hand pane. Look for any error messages around the time of the last problem. Then right click on the error and select "Properties". In the window that opens will be a text description of the error - please copy it down and forward it to me.

The error text should generally be in the format of 0x0000007a - with the last 2 letters'numbers changing depending upon the error. Also, usually another 4 sets of these numbers follows the error message - they are important also. Finally, at times there is a file name mentioned with the error message - please let me know what it is.

If there are too many errors to choose from, please let me know and we can proceed a bit differently. Also, generally speaking, the usual location for this type of error will be in the System category - but there is a possibility that it may be in the other areas. Please do not erase your log files until we're finished troubleshooting this issue.

Edited by usasma, 28 November 2005 - 09:46 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users