Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI graphics card dual display mouse distortion glitch

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: ATI graphics card dual display mouse distortion glitch (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have this issue?

1. Yes (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (2 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ryladine

ryladine

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

I know this is an issue ATI is aware of, but they have been aware of it for two years! and still no fix. I know using the magnify accessibility program will correct it, but... its really not a fix.

Does anyone know of a fix, official or unofficial that has gotten results?
I run the ATI radeon 5850 hd card

need anymore info/screen shots just ask.
"Ignorance is not stupidity, refusing to correct it is. Stupidity should be a crime punishable by death." A soon to be famous quote by: Ryladine

Most scientist's think that man is the dominant species on earth, I know the truth, its not man that is the dominant species, its cats.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

Ive never had this glitch, but then again I dont normally run dual monitors, though I have in the past. Im running a 3870 x2. I also have a 4550 though ive never run dual monitors, and the 200m in my laptop has no issues with a external display as well as the ATI 4200 in my wifes compaq, with no issues. . .are your drivers up to date? and what OS are you using it in? ive tested m7 3870 x2 in xp home and vista ultimate-have not tried it with my 3870 in 7 yet, though the 4200 worked in 7 no problem. The only issue ive had with the compaq is with an external display attached, if its a mirror no problem, if I extend it reverses the screen on the laptop itself, really weird lol but ill get that figured out.

Edited by the_patriot09, 29 October 2010 - 07:01 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 ryladine

ryladine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:50 AM

yes, my drivers are up to date, but I should once again, stress that ATI knows about this glitch, they simply have not fixed it, I Was just asking if anyone has found any sort of fix, besides the magnifier accessibility tool, because using that the cursor disappears in most full-screen games.
"Ignorance is not stupidity, refusing to correct it is. Stupidity should be a crime punishable by death." A soon to be famous quote by: Ryladine

Most scientist's think that man is the dominant species on earth, I know the truth, its not man that is the dominant species, its cats.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

well, sorry I couldn't be more help-I use ATI cards in all my builds and never experienced this problem, will have to research it further.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:50 PM

Does it have anything to do with maybe Catalyst Control Center?

#6 ryladine

ryladine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

I'm not certain, I Do know if you Google ati mouse distortion glitch the top results all are about this issue, and one of them is the adm forums.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ati+mouse+distortion+glitch

Edited by ryladine, 30 October 2010 - 01:54 PM.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Try removing everything ATI related and just install the Drivers without the Catalyst Control Center: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/10-10_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

#8 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Yes I have this problem from time to time but not all the time. Sometimes I can fix this by left clicking on my desktop in the right monitor and dragging my curser into the center monitor and releasing it,sometimes I can fix it by turning on AI-nap and turning AI-nap off. (Ai-nap is software from Asus for their motherboards) But most of the time I have to restart my PC. This is a common problem with AMD/ATI multi monitor setups there is lots of threads in the AMD forums on this topic. (On my setup it only effects the curser in the center monitor the left and the right monitor display the curser normally) I tried disabling the Icons on my desktop and for a while I thought that fixed the problem, but it came back again just not as frequently as it did before. Whether it's due to driver updates or my action I don't know. Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users