Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 random occurrences

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scrumpy

Scrumpy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hello to everyone at Bleeping Computers, Sorry this may be the wrong place for a introduction but i'm scrumpy.
I am here because my Windows 7 is starting to do its own thing and i get regular application crashes, I have ran
Avast Anti-virus and Malware Bytes both in Normal windows mode and safe mode but as suspected nothing was detected.

Back to the introduction, I found bleeping computers after for the 10th time in trying to solve issues with my beloved
desktop, And I'm more than sure it's a female because it gets really temperamental most of the time throws a hissy-fit
when it doesn't want to do the thing i want to do (As can be expected, After all the computer case has 'blue' lights shining out of it meaning in my opinion i've got a female desktop).

Back to the chase:

My desktop just doesn't feel 'right' or as others may put it 'comfortable', I use to get BSOD's whilst the computer
is idle after 10-20 minutes, The problem that caused this issue was using my TP-Link utility along-side with the standard Windows 7 Network utility, And both of them being connected to the WLAN access point didn't help so i unistalled the TP-Link utility and driver and just re-installed the driver, That was a problem solved for me and a big one too. I figured this fix on my own after reading a couple years back it's not best to run 2 real-time antivirus programs side by side at the same time and it hit me when i saw both utilities doing that.
The Main Module Fault for that BSOD was a NTDLL.DLL file.

Enough of that part, I'll start talking about the present time now yes? ok.

As i said before, My Desktop doesn't feel right. There are many applications on my PC using some NTDLL.DLL file and
after many google searches i gave up, From what i understand each of the programs/applications using this 'ntdll.dll' file has one signed to its own specific program, So there isn't just one NTDLL.DLL file which multiple programs use, If you get what im saying.

I get some programs when i try convert a file the windows 7 'resolve issue' screen pops up and says 'Check online for a solution and close the program' or another option saying 'Close the program', The thing is when i click on 'check online for a solution and close the program' it just closes and does nothing, There no checking online for a solution or anything of the sort it just... like... yah know... closes... disappears until next time, And even next time it does nothing.

Heres a problem detail on one program i have when trying to use it:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: tsmuxer.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 48dca20a
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba9b29c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000333cd
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm no expert but all that is just jibberish.

And for the final say; I have noticed small annoying glitches/problems, My mouse cursor sometimes goes to the bottom
left of my screen without me even doing it but this happens not very often but is annoying and freaks me out when it
does. And the other problem is firefox, I have reinstalled it many times but it does it's own thing sometimes i cant
think anything up on the spot but after signing up and logging in to Bleeping computers the tab just went into my MSN Email inbox without me even telling me to do it, And sometimes firefox doesn't let me go to a previous page, Like it will 'hang' on to the last page/website i clicked on, Like i click 'previous page' but it just forwards me back to the
page i was last on.

I don't know if it's something i've specifically done or what, But i also installed 'TuneUp Utilities-trial 2011' to see if it would actually fix some issues but all that done was remove old registries and files and the list goes on
without even fixing anything noticeable.

If anyone has any idea it would be much appreciated, I also searched some of these problems in the search top right of
this website like 'ntdll.dll' to see if anyone had same issues but no success.

Well, Thank you for reading, Sorry this is a some what long post but i thought i'd best make the most of it and actually learn how-to fix problems other than just re-install windows for a quick fix.

-Scrumpy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

We need to know more about your BSODs...

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)

No installation required.

Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program and When scanning is done, go to Edit > Select All.

Then go to File > Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Compliments of Broni

#3 Scrumpy

Scrumpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Thank you for your reply, Because i fixed the problem and had no hassles with a BSOD for a good 2 days after i deleted
the minidump reports. And just another thing that link popped my Zonealarm Checkpoint up saying that the site is vulnerable to distribute spyware and didn't let me enter unless i clicked on 'stay on site'. I downloaded it but because
the dumps are deleted it didn't show any of them.

I did however download the appcrashview utility and done what you said with the Bluescreenviewer, The results as shown:
==================================================
Process File : tsmuxer.exe
Event Name : Stopped working
Event Time : 10/30/2010 10:22:36 AM
User Name : Shanon
Exception Code : 0xc0000005
Exception Offset : 0x0002e1fe
Fault Module Name : ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559
Process Path : C:\Program Files (x86)\mkv2vob\tools\tsmuxer.exe
Report File Size : 6,054
Report File Path : C:\Users\Shanon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_tsmuxer.exe_a9a3d53118fe199867d96c9dbab54c363b6c3e_031762f7\Report.wer
==================================================

Thank you.

Edited by Scrumpy, 29 October 2010 - 07:42 PM.

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Hi Scrumpy, you might want to venture into the forum, "Am I infected" http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html
Follow the instructions and start a new topic there.
Look here: tsmuxer.exe http://www.prevx.com/filenames/142774271151277746-X1/TSMUXER.EXE.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users