Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Aero/Desktop Window Manager turns off randomly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 youthedog4

youthedog4

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

So I just upgraded from a GeForce 7300LE 128MB to an 8400GS 512MB. I have the latest drivers installed and no reverting to older drivers doesn't work. Desktop Window Manager is on some times and yet it does not keep Windows Aero on or sometimes it randomly reverts it to the basic colors. The only way I can fix it temporarily is by using the trouble shooting program for it. I'm pretty sure I have more than enough requirements for it and my system rating is 3.6 which is above 3.0 where Windows enables it. Also, appearently minimizing anything will cause my computer to freeze up for a second or two and sometimes changes it back to the Basic colors.

Edited by youthedog4, 29 October 2010 - 03:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users