Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

instruction at 0x7c923845

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 p951

p951

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

My computer has been getting nasty error messages and then quits responding for about the last 2-3 weeks. It tells me the instruction at 0x7c923845 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. Then another window pops up and says Generic Host for Win32 Services has encountered an error.

I've run AGI and it removed 1 error. I also ran MalWare Bytes and there were no issues found. What is the next step to get rid of this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

Let's try this.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#3 p951

p951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

It tells me I have 0 errors

#4 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

pardon my ignorance.

"I've run AGI and it removed 1 error"
what is AGI?

#5 p951

p951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

Oops - I meant AVG

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Ignore the ads, read the content at http://www.svchost-errors.com/7/generic-host-process-for-win32-services-has-encountered-a-problem-fix-and-forget/.

Louis

#7 p951

p951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

Louis,

That site wants $39.95 inorder to fix this problem. I'd rather format my hard drive and reinstall windows than pay this

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

As I said...read the content...ignore the ads.

Louis

#9 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

they're recommending that you scan for malware.

there's plenty of legitimate scanning tools and removers available.

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Generic Host for Win32 Services has encountered an error and memory could not be read errors are typical for an infected computer.

Usually, it takes little bit more sophisticated tools to cure those infections, so....

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#11 p951

p951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

As I said...read the content...ignore the ads.

Louis

Okay, I read the content. I still don't know what to do to fix the problem. I see multiple svchost.exe files, some under system, some under hp administrator, some under network service and some under local service. I've also run Malwarebytes, but that didn't fix the problem

#12 p951

p951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

Generic Host for Win32 Services has encountered an error and memory could not be read errors are typical for an infected computer.

Usually, it takes little bit more sophisticated tools to cure those infections, so....

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

Alright. Thank you. I'm going to start on that tomorrow morning as my wife wants to watch a movie tonight before we go to bed. Thank you for your help and I will post tommorrow

#13 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

Please, read my previous reply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#14 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

Now, I didn't see your next reply....LOL

My Website

#15 p951

p951
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

I've posted a new thread about my problem in the security malware section as requested

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users