Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1014.528 [GMT -7:00]
I am hoping someone can look at the combofix log and let me know if I was actually infected with malware.
The computer usually runs TrendMicro Officescan but it was turned off at some point. Computer was running with no issues and no slow downs.
My credit card was compromised on the same day I typed it into a website using Internet Explorer 8. This could just be a coincidence. That is when I saw the antivirus was not running.
- Ran Combofix while computer was running normally - did not show an infection, but files shown under "Other Deletions" section, log attached
- Rebooted in Safe mode and ran combofix again - nothing found
- Ran Malwarebytes - nothing found
- Downloaded next day's Combofix and ran it - nothing found
- Took the files out of the combofix quarantine onto a usb drive, renamed the files back to the original, and ran Malwarebytes against them - nothing found
Edited by hamluis, 29 October 2010 - 11:49 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.