Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd blue screen tons of issues - HELP!!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Span

Span

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Ok I will try to explain this the best I can.

What Happened?

I was playing Bad Company 2 and decided it was time to log out for the night and cook some dinner. The second I clicked the x button I got a blue screen.

The Problem?

- My sound no longer works. I get no audio devices are installed.
- My cmd.exe located in the system32 folder no longer works. Tells me it is no a valid win32 win64 application.
- My device manager can launch but I cannot click or right click in it except to close it.

What did I try?

- First thing is first I opened cmd.exe in the syswow64 directory. I ran sfc /scannow and it said Windows Resource Protection could not run the program.

- Tried system restore to a few days earlier and it says it couldn't because some files were corrupt

- Ran virus scan and malwarebytes successfully not finding any problems.

- Ran sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows in Recover Console and through the repair my computer on the windows 7 disc. Both say they fixed some files but couldnt fix all and to check my cbs file. Well cbs file has no entries with [SR] or anythign saying what couldnt be fixed.

- Tried chkdsk and I cant remember what it could or couldn't do.

Conclusion

I need help from people who speak clear English and give me solutions that will work. The people over at Microsoft Social Answers are as helpful as putting nails through my hands.

Edited by Span, 29 October 2010 - 02:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Span

Span
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

I'll check this post again when I get home. Hopefully I can get some solutions to try. Since I can get into my computer and browse the internet and what not I am sure its possible this can be resolved. I don't want to reformat but will if I absolutely have to. Below is the minidump I pulled off my pc. I will get you a speccy if I can when I get home if you need that.

http://cid-59bd79f8a8a28fcd.office.live.com/embedicon.aspx/My%20Documents/102510-29905-01.zip

Edited by Span, 29 October 2010 - 02:11 PM.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

Try running chkdsk /f if you can.

#4 Span

Span
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

Next thing on my list. I tossed in disc and copy every dll in the system32 directory over and the cmd.exe over. I now got that back and in the process of running a regular sfc /scannow.

#5 Span

Span
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

Well sound is back. Now to fix the device manager not allowing me to click. I took ownership of the entire windows and system32 directory. Rerunning sfc /scannow.

#6 Span

Span
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

This problem is resolved. I will post next problem.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

So what was the resolution?

#8 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

I would sure like to know what repaired the computer. It could help us all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users