Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to access windows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ffour

ffour

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

I inherited my g-daughters Acer Aspireone netbook. I am unable to log on to windows xp because the child cant remember her password. I have her username but no password. The memory is maxed out therefore it is unable to run a guest account and administrator at the same time. I need to get in as administrator to set up for my use and remove her garbage. There is no cd drive to insert windows disk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hi ffour -
You can try removing the CMOS battery (the little one that looks like a watch battery) also replace it with a fresh one while it is out -
This is always a good place to start - There are programs to unlock them , if I find one I will post it back -

Thank You -
EDIT - Can you please list the model of the Acer Aspireone netbook (there are several)

Edited by noknojon, 28 October 2010 - 10:07 PM.

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send a Mod or Admin a private message or an email. Thank you for your understanding.

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

Edited by ThunderZ, 28 October 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

Many of those aspire netbooks can be reloaded from the recovery partition, use google to seach for that but include the model number.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password or other device security measures. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message or an email. Thank you for your understanding.

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

Since the subject matter of your topic...revolves around such bypass, this thread is now closed to further posting.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users