Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image's issue

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 thehighlandsking

thehighlandsking

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

First off- I'm totally new here so Hello! I'm Marcus.

I realize there have been posts on this in the past as that is how I found this site, but they all seemed to be very specific for the persons computer.

My problem started when I closed my laptop (Alien m9700 with XP home) and it was supposed to go into standby. I came back later and opened it and it was still stuck in "Going into hibernation" ... so I held down the power button to kill it, and when I turned it back on it had a blue screen with something about deleting a few corrupt files? Once the computer started, and every time i log in or restart, i started getting a bunch of these bad image errors.
I'll post them how I get them:

First: one is an iexplore.exe error that I had to exit to have anything come up on my desktop.

second: iexplore.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVFW32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Third: iTunesHelper.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\DSOUND.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Fourth: msnmsgr.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\DSOUND.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Fifth: iexplore.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVFW32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Sixth: iTunesHelper.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\DSOUND.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Seventh: iexplore.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVFW32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Eighth: iexplore.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVFW32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Ninth: iexplore.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVFW32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Tenth: iexplore.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVFW32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Eleventh: iexplore.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVFW32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Twelfth: drwtsn32.exe- Bad Image "The application or DLL E:\WINDOWS\system32\DBGHELP.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Its causing me a lot of trouble and I can't do much on the computer.... Also can't watch videos, be it youtube or any other way....

Advice please? I'm not bad with computers but I've never come across this issue..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

Try reinstalling DirectX via DirectX Run Time Environment

#3 thehighlandsking

thehighlandsking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

Try reinstalling DirectX via DirectX Run Time Environment

I tried, but it ends with "an equivalent or newer version has already been installed" and just exits

#4 thehighlandsking

thehighlandsking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

I also tried a system restore but it did nothing. Not sure if that was a bad idea or not...

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

Do you have access to a Windows Installation CD?

#6 thehighlandsking

thehighlandsking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

I have a "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition System Recovery CD-Rom" ... Does that work?

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

Does the XP CD contain an i386 directory?

#8 thehighlandsking

thehighlandsking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Yes it does.

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

Try the following: sfc /scannow via command prompt.

Start > Accessories > System Tools > Command Prompt.

#10 thehighlandsking

thehighlandsking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

Yes! Thank you so much. What exactly does that do?

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html

LEARN how to use SFC.EXE (system file checker) - http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users