Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Iris@Home

Iris@Home

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

In exploring why .eml does not open, it was suggested to use Outlook Express to open the site. I used O.E. for years and liked it but when I bought a new computer with Windows 7, it was not an included program nor could I install it. Is O.E. now known as Hotmail or what? Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Windows 7 does not support OE.

Simply put, OE will not work on your Win 7 system.

OE is NOT hotmail.

You'll need to install an email client compatible with Win 7.

Where is Outlook Express?

Outlook Express has been replaced by Windows Mail, an improved e‑mail program with enhancements such as junk e‑mail filtering and protection against phishing messages.

Windows Mail has been upgraded to Windows Live Mail, which contains even more enhancements, such as the ability to automatically configure itself to work with many popular e‑mail services. To download Windows Live Mail, go to the Windows Live Mail website.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Where-is-Outlook-Express (although it says Vista, this also applies to Windows 7)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 October 2010 - 02:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users