Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a OS on cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robert P

Robert P

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

I have a PC that a friend of mine deleted a bunch of system files on, so I am going to reinstall the whole thing. I would like to get his personal stuff off of the PC first though. I was planning on downloading the OTLPE.ISO and getting his files but that link no longer works. Is there a different bootable OS or a different location for that one around. Suggestions please.

Thanks, Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

UBUNTU live CD

Look at number 2 for instructions.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

Linux distros are the only ones I'm aware of.

FWIW: The OTLPE isos were removed due to a determination that such were an infringement of Microsoft patents/copyrights. Ditto for the previously downloadable .iso files reflecting the XP Recovery Console.

IMO...the simplest solution would be to just attach the hard drive to another system...and move the desired files from one drive to another.

Louis

#4 Robert P

Robert P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for suggestions

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic