Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Address Bar And Search Are Gone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lily Livered

Lily Livered

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:02 AM

My Internet Explorer Address and Search functions are missing. I've looked in Help and can't find an answer. I've right clicked on the Browser and can't find it either. Other things I've done trying to help myself with this problem include: a Search here at BC, ran my Ad-Aware and Spybot in Safe Mode.

I'm lost and I know this is simple; it's happened before, but I can't remember how I got them back. Please help!

:thumbsup:
Dell Inspiron 6000--Mobile Intel Pentium M 730J/1.60GHz--512MB--60 or 80GB HD, can't remember for sure--wireless--XP Home SP2
AVG--ZoneAlarm--Ad-Aware SE--Spybot S&D--SpywareBlaster--SpywareGuard--Ewido--a-squared--CCleaner--HJT--IE and Firefox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:43 AM

Try this.

In the upper right hand corner of your browser you should see a little multi-colored Windows logo. Right click on it. There you have the options of turning on or off various tool bars.

Does that help?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Lily Livered

Lily Livered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:56 AM

:thumbsup: No, that didn't do it. Right clicking there has the same things as one of the other things I tried:

Standard Buttons
Address Bar
Links
Lock the toolbars
Yahoo Companion
(Aha! THAT one got the Search function back, but I still need the address bar back too. Thanks!!)

When I click on Address Bar so it has a checkmark beside it, it adds the word 'Address' over to very far right, but it can't be clicked on, doesn't make it where you can type in an http:// address.

Well, I played around with it a bit more and I was able to drag the word 'Address' over towards the middle, which made the Address bar viewable and usable, but it isn't in the right place. I can also hold down the left clicker and use the mousepad to move it around, like above the File/Edit/View/Favorites/Tools/Help bar or below. But I can't get it in the correct place.

Finally!! I had to move the back bar in the same manner and I can't even explain the rest....it was kind of like doing one of those little square slider puzzles that I was really good at as a kid!! LOL!!! One like this:
http://www.netrover.com/~kingskid/javanew9...uzz/puzz15.html

Sorry if it looks foolish to leave all the above, but for lack of a good explanation of how it was done finally, maybe if someone else has the same problem, they can progress through these trial and errors and get it like I did.
Posted Image go ahead, strangle me, and put me out of your misery!!

Thanks A.F.!!!!

Edited by Lily Livered, 22 November 2005 - 08:59 AM.

Dell Inspiron 6000--Mobile Intel Pentium M 730J/1.60GHz--512MB--60 or 80GB HD, can't remember for sure--wireless--XP Home SP2
AVG--ZoneAlarm--Ad-Aware SE--Spybot S&D--SpywareBlaster--SpywareGuard--Ewido--a-squared--CCleaner--HJT--IE and Firefox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users