Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon MP510 Printing very weird!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DiZChiNoRichie

DiZChiNoRichie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hello everyone, first of all I would like to thank anyone taking the time to read this thread.

I am currently using my MP510 printer with a custom PC I built running windows 7 Pro. Here is the problem: whenever i print a picture in paint or photo view, the picture comes out all wrong; it looks like it only prints yellow ink with black. Documents that are black and white however, print fine. Printing using photoshop come out 50/50; sometimes it comes out right sometimes it doesn't. The only way to seem to fix this is deep cleaning utility 4-5 times before the picture comes out right. after one or two prints, it goes back to messed up again. whats wrong and how do i fix this??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

It sounds like the printer nozzles are clogging.

Are you using actual Canon ink and cartridges?

#3 DiZChiNoRichie

DiZChiNoRichie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:32 AM

It sounds like the printer nozzles are clogging.

Are you using actual Canon ink and cartridges?

Yes sir, all official Canon Ink cartidges

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

Ok. The only reason I asked is that many will buy the generic ink refills. There is nothing wrong with that. They may work with the printer but the ink tends to dry out much faster.

I am not familiar with that exact printer, there are way to many types to keep track of. If it is an older printer, 2 to 3 years or more then it does sound like the nozzles are clogging. If the printer is not used everyday and or the current ink cartridges have been in it for some time this can lead to nozzle blockage as well.

Found online information that states there is a cartridge sold that contains a cleaning liquid. But they seem to be hard to come by. Others have had success with a very soft lite application of compressed air.

Not sure where you are located but contacting Canon has also gotten results for some.

Canon U.S.
Canon Global

#5 DiZChiNoRichie

DiZChiNoRichie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

Thank you very much. I tried manually cleaning the nozzles with isopropyl... alot of ink came out but it looks as if it didnt fix the problem. I am considering getting a new print head. is this worth it?

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

I have no idea what the cost of a head is or what is needed to replace one. Some brands of printers have no head\nozzle of their own. That part(s) are built into the replacement ink cartridges. Effectively giving you a new one every time the ink is replaced.

The decision will have to be left up to you after investigating replacement versus the cost of a new printer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users