Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Database Is Corrupt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andie

andie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:13 AM

Hello there,

I am running Windows XP PRO SP2 and am having a problem with alot of things on my PC. Most of my services have been stopped when looking at msconfig screen. When trying to go to my Administrator Tools under Services, I try to "start" a particular service and get an error stating: Could not start the Remote Procedure Control (RPC) service on Local Computer. Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I also get other errors like: Could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied. When trying to open the database of the Service Pack Files using the Security Configuration and Analysis it tells me that the database is corrupt. For information about fixing the db see online help. Unfortunately I do not have the XP startup disk. I'll never let that happen again!! However, as of now, no disk, only floppies copied from the www.tinyurl website. Can anyone out there help me on this? Microsoft has tried 2 times to try and help me out with no success yet. Even they are stumped as to how to fix my current situation w/out the startup disk. Let me know what more info you need from me re: my pc, etc, etc.

Thank-you in advance for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:52 AM

What sort of computer do you have, processor, ram, hard drive, etc.

Also are you running anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall programs? If so what are they?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:36 AM

You need to acquire an XP disk...if you want to take advantage of the opportunities to deal with various problems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users