Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Agent 2.BRUP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kdrizzle

kdrizzle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Hello all, new to the site, just got infected tuesday i believe. I have an HP Pavilion a1101n celeron d XP coming up on 6 years old. I Pulled the classic open an email from a friend I haven't been in contact with in a while, clicked the link, Resident Shield warns me I've been infected with Trojan Horse Agent2.BRUP. I've seen things online for other TrojanHorse Agent.HUF or whatever, but nothing about .BRUP. I have malwaybytes, updated it, ran it, got it, removed it, restarted computer, ran malwaybytes again, nothing in the log. Claims to have got it. However randomly it will continue to pop up that "Resident Shield (from AVG)has detected malware" or whatever. I'd post a screen shot but i'm sure whatever this is could attach itslef to the .jpg. When I run AVG I get kicked back some stuff in my "virus vault" with the .exe which i know is not good. I'm going to assume this is a newer virus and that it has potentially outsmarted malwarebytes-- however hopefully somebody can suggest what to do to get at this thing. Maybe malwarebytes DID get it but I have remnants left (wishful thinking). Anyhelp or suggestions or step by step will be most appreciated. Maybe this isn't a "special case" but considering I haven't seen others with this post anything I'm incline to think it is. Please, any help would be great. I haven't experienced anything YET as far as inability to use programs but know it will only be a matter of time if this goes on. I'm willing to uninstall, install, download, re-install, do whatever! Thanks

kdrizzle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users