Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 erines

erines

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

I read through the posts about other virus problems and haven't found anything like this to help me.

This is a computer at work, running on Windows XP pro SP3. It was sitting in the garage when I started working here, because it has a "virus". I plugged it in. It will connect to our network, but won't connect to the internet. It won't allow me to install any programs to do a virus scan (via usb drive). It will not do a system restore, in fact all the restore points have deleted since i started troubleshooting this machine. When the computer boots, this is what comes up:

an error message from "client security solution" that says "there was a problem connecting to the TPM (security device) on this computer. It is possible that anti-virus or firewall software is blocking the connection. A missing or disabled device driver could also cause this problem. Please refer to the online documentation for more information"

a second error message from "RUNDLL" that says "error loading C:\Windows\kbchinbr.dll The specified module could not be found

The found new hardware wizard pops up, but doesn't say what for exactly

and a "LogMeIn - version update" box pops up

Can anyone tell me what this could be, and how to make this work properly? What registry values I can delete to make this machine work normally again?

Edited by hamluis, 27 October 2010 - 02:34 PM.
Merged topic from XP ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

I would think that you should be talking to your IT Department at work.

#3 erines

erines
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

I work for a small local non-profit Jewish Center. There is no IT department.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:27 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users