Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ewido

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lily Livered

Lily Livered

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:46 PM

Do I need ewido with all the other stuff I have (see my signature)?? I read the list of all that it is compatible with, but what's the purpose when you have all those other programs??

I've already downloaded it, but don't know what to do with it. Enlighten/instruct me, please??

Thanks in advance!!
Dell Inspiron 6000--Mobile Intel Pentium M 730J/1.60GHz--512MB--60 or 80GB HD, can't remember for sure--wireless--XP Home SP2
AVG--ZoneAlarm--Ad-Aware SE--Spybot S&D--SpywareBlaster--SpywareGuard--Ewido--a-squared--CCleaner--HJT--IE and Firefox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

No one spyware/malware program will detect all spyware/malware.
That's why it's a good idea to run several different ones.
Hopefully what one misses, the others will catch.

The same goes for antivirus programs, that's why you should occasionaly run a couple of online scans.
We have a list of several online scans available here:
Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps

Using Ewido

Edited by tg1911, 22 November 2005 - 04:57 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Lily Livered

Lily Livered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:14 AM

Thanks again, TG (or is that a Q??)!!

I've read all those replacement apps!! Wonderful source of programs!!

Posted Image.......off to read about Ewido.....thank you for the link!!
Dell Inspiron 6000--Mobile Intel Pentium M 730J/1.60GHz--512MB--60 or 80GB HD, can't remember for sure--wireless--XP Home SP2
AVG--ZoneAlarm--Ad-Aware SE--Spybot S&D--SpywareBlaster--SpywareGuard--Ewido--a-squared--CCleaner--HJT--IE and Firefox

#4 Lily Livered

Lily Livered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:52 AM

OMG!! It found one and the sound it made just about made me pee my pants!!! :thumbsup:

They need to add a "Caution" in those otherwise great instructions!! CAUTION: Turn your volume to low or make sure you're wearing your Depends!!

Well, the instructions said that if it finds one, to "choose clean" then click OK....it didn't have "clean", only "remove" so I hope it's okay I chose "remove". Of course, I left the box "....encrypt......quarantine..." checkmarked, so I'm probably safe. It was in the cookies (because I forgot that it said to run CCleaner first).

:flowers: Thanks again!!

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:56 AM

You're welcome, Lily Livered.
Glad to be of help.
Yes Remove, and Clean, are the same thing.

By the way, it is a "G". :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users