Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Bad Image

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 magpiemona

magpiemona

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

This message appears and freezes the screen until I click 'close' on it. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?
Magpiemona

---------------------------
waol.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\System32\slc.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
OK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

Is any AOL software installed on your PC? Do you use AOL as your ISP?

#3 magpiemona

magpiemona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

I do have AOL software on my computer and I use it for my email. It is not my ISP. I have AT&T. I use Mozilla for anything I am doing on the internet. I know that AOL has caused many problems in the past, but I do like the way the site looks and feels and it is very user friendly.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

So you use AOL Software to bring up your email instead of accessing AOL on the Web?

#5 magpiemona

magpiemona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

Yes, I use their software.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

If all you do is use their email service I would remove AOL and access your email from www.aol.com instead.

If you want the error fixed then I would remove AOL, then reinstall the most updated version which is AOL 9.5 which I use to check DNS Propagation of my websites and external services.

#7 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

If you want the error fixed then I would remove AOL, then reinstall the most updated version which is AOL 9.5

:huh:

#8 magpiemona

magpiemona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

Sad to say, your suggestions worked. I uninstalled the AOL software and went to the 'www.aol.com' instead. I tried reinstalling the 9.5 and still had issues, so I uninstalled it a second time.

Thanks for all your help!

Mona

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users